Sector: municipal and social infrastructure sectors
Position Type: full time, short term
Duration/Level of Effort: 6 months starting in July 2022
Position Location: Remote
SUMMARY OF THE PROJECT
The overall objective of the follow-on operation - URP - is to support multi-sector investment schemes in the municipal and social infrastructure sectors that have been adversely affected as a consequence of the conflict in Ukraine, as well as relieving increased pressure on (social) infrastructure in regions of the country due to the influx of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs).
The overall objective of this assignment is for the provision of technical services, to rapidly prepare packages of design templates for 3 critical sectors, as follows:
- IDP housing accommodation;
- Schools for children; and
- Medical facilities.
All design packages would be system built, factory produced units (prefabricated) and assembled on the specifically prepared sites throughout Ukraine, where IDP numbers are high, and needs analyzed and well defined.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The Consultant team would partner with experienced local Ukrainian firm(s) who are already established in this field. Existing technical designs and packages, would be reviewed, updated and adapted for use in the 3 sectors mentioned, specifically to meet the needs of IDPs in the regions.
- Work closely with MCTD officials and the Cowater TA TL.
- Together with local partner technical firm(s), quickly review and understand the task defined.
- Use as a starting point existing technical designs for Housing and School Units and also Medical Facility Units (if available).
- Prepare a detailed workplan and timetable for the assignment activities.
- Assess the manufacturing capacity in Ukraine for producing the 3 types of modular units; and if appropriate near-by international production capacity also. Make recommendations for the number of units that could be produced, budget and timetable.
- Produce the technical design documentation for the standard units described – Housing – Schools – Medical Facilities, together with the supporting documentation.
- If necessary, under MCTD direction, liaise with selected FBs regarding site conditions and preparation works for receiving the typical units.
- Produce a detailed production and installation plan and timetable.
- Make provision for possible follow-up with selected FBs in the regions, on specific technical issues arising.
- At least University Degree in architecture, civil engineering or a directly related discipline
- At least 10 years’ experience in design or supervision of civil, municipal and social infrastructure projects;
- 5 years Experience as a technical expert/architect/engineer in projects financed by IFIs/international organisations;
- 2 years Experience in leading a team of technical experts; and
- Experience in at least one of the following technical sectors: housing, school or medical sector.
- At least working knowledge in English.
- Working knowledge of Ukrainian would be an asset.
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible on our Careers Page.
For your application to be considered, please upload your documents as followed: Candidate Last Name, First Name, date, Title of the Position.
Cowater International is an equal opportunity employer, basing employment on merit and qualifications as they relate to professional experience and position expectations. Cowater does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender identity, disability, age, or any other basis protected by law.
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
With more than 35 years’ experience, Cowater International is a global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development and has managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our yearly award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2017. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Cowater International also has corporate offices in Montreal, Quebec; London, United Kingdom; Nairobi, Kenya; and Brussels, Belgium, in addition to project offices in a wide variety of other locations across Northern and Sub-Saharan Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, the Caribbean and Asia.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.