Talent Acquisition Specialist
Terms of Reference / Job Description
Agriteam Canada Consulting Ltd. provides management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 30 years, Agriteam has managed and implemented more than 350 projects and assignments in dozens of countries worldwide.
Agriteam is seeking a qualified Talent Acquisition Specialist who will be based in its Gatineau office to support Project and Business Development teams. The Recruiter will establish and maintain a strong network for sourcing and attracting talent and plan recruitment strategies helping to assess current and longer-term hiring needs. With a focus on attracting high-quality professional candidates and filling team and project-specific roles, the incumbent will be responsible for executing recruitment strategies to attract top talent, developing strong partnerships with project managers, growing and maintaining a database of qualified candidates, cultivating an in-depth understanding of hiring needs, establishing a strong recruiting network, and utilizing numerous techniques to source and attract potential talent.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will identify, evaluate, and screen candidates who meet the required area of expertise and who will advance Agriteam’s mission and values.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- In conjunction with the designated Project or Business Development team, develops recruitment strategies to achieve required staffing objectives;
- Recommends specialized recruiting sources to hiring managers;
- Employs a variety of standard and specialized sourcing techniques to identify a high quality and diverse candidate pool;
- Creates and fosters relationships with key associations, industry specific organizations, and other resources to attract candidates;
- Screens and refers qualified applicants to hiring managers for interviews. Provide screening to ensure applicants meet required qualifications;
- Manages internal applicant process;
- Ensures candidate applications and biodata sheets are complete with necessary information for proposals and client review and acceptance. Works with candidates to ensure they understand the recruitment and compensation system;
- Works with project managers to develop and extend offers of employment to selected candidates in line with Agriteam’s employment policies and procedures;
- Collaborates with other team members to assist with interviewing and reference checks;
- Analyzes market trends in order to improve Agriteam’s effectiveness at senior-level recruitment;
- Builds processes to streamline and improve cost-effective recruitment;
- Maintains records on recruiting activities and analyzes metrics;
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field plus a minimum of three to five years of relevant recruitment experience, including international project recruitment. Strong business development, and proposal development experience preferred;
- At least three years’ experience supporting international development projects, including those funded by Global Affairs Canada and other donor organizations;
- A solid understanding of how to source, screen and recruit in overseas markets;
- Ability to travel internationally when needed;
- Critical thinking, ability to identify issues and opportunities, provide solutions and reach consensus with multiple stakeholders;
- Demonstrated sensitivity and discretion when handling confidential information;
- Demonstrated ability to organize, perform and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced, high-volume environment;
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive working relationships with hiring managers;
- Demonstrated ability to be professional, calm, flexible, resilient, solution-oriented, and creative;
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, knowledge of and ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds;
- Excellent oral and written communication and representational skills;
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and databases including applicant tracking system;
- Fluency in English and French. Spanish an asset.
Agriteam Canada offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org . Only short-listed applicants will be contacted; no telephone enquires please. For more information about Agriteam, please visit our website: www.agriteam.ca .
Business Development Coordinator,
Agriteam Consulting Canada Ltd.
107 Promenade du Portage
Gatineau, Quebec Canada J8X 2K2