Job Title: Standing Offer Agreement (Panel): GEDSI & Intersectionality Expert
Sector: Gender Equality & Women’s Empowerment, Social Inclusion
Position Type: Consultancy, Part-Time (as needs arise)
Duration/Level of Effort: Part-Time
Position Location: Remote or In-Person (Jakarta, Indonesia)
SUMMARY OF THE PROJECT
INKLUSI - The Australia-Indonesia Partnership Towards an Inclusive Society is a $120m, 8-year investment (2021-29) that will contribute to the broader development goal of: No one is left behind – more marginalised people participate in and benefit from Indonesia’s sociocultural, economic, and political development. INKLUSI continues Australia’s support to Indonesia’s prosperity, building on Indonesia’s advancements in the areas of gender equality and women’s empowerment, social inclusion, and civil society strengthening.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
To support effective and efficient operational services as well as the collaboration between program, partners and stakeholders of DFAT’s INKLUSI (Australia-Indonesia Partnership Towards an Inclusive Society) program, Cowater is seeking to establish standing offer arrangements (or “Panel”) for GEDSI and Intersectionality. The panel is available for national / international individuals and firms/organization who possess a wide range of skills, capabilities, and areas of expertise related to the required thematic. The selection process for individual and organization will follow different criteria and application processes.
Selected individuals / Organisations will be incorporated into the INKLUSI Panel – Services Standing Offer and be listed as the preferred sourcing method to support the delivery of the INKLUSI Program until 2026. The panel will be reviewed for update every two years.
Please note that bidding on this Standing Offer tender will not disqualify firms/individuals from also bidding on subsequent tenders.
Interested entities or individuals may refer to the following TOR and template for their proposal submission:
1.TOR Panel Arrangement for GEDSI and Intersectionality Experts
Application Form & Financial Proposal Link: https://cowater.sharepoint.com/:w:/s/JobAdder/ES7NWUtU8_hFvoDZyJpN2ggBfN910yzZ9wG3pJ0BfxdwdA?e=CHVAct
Based on the identified needs, the Expert Panel, individually and/or as a team will be called upon and contracted to undertake specific roles, tasks, and responsibilities, specified in the Terms of Reference (ToR). A specific Terms of Reference (ToR) with detailed roles, tasks and responsibilities, outputs, activities, and timeframe for each assignment will be developed and agreed upon during the contracting process. The Expert Panel will provide substantive, strategic guidance, and technical support on GEDSI and Intersectionality to INKLUSI (the Program), CSO partners and government counterparts.
- Post graduate degree in gender, international/community and social development, public policy, communications, and/or other relevant fields.
Work Experiences, Skills & Abilities:
- At least 8 years working on GEDSI and Intersectionality issues with various organisations including civil society organisations, government, international organisations/donors at international, national, and sub-national levels.
- Strong knowledge of GEDSI issues and foundational concepts related to intersectionality (e.g., stigma, discrimination, power, privilege) and of conducting an intersectional gender analysis.
- Demonstrated high level expertise on integration of intersectional GEDSI in program/project design, planning and budgeting, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and learning, capacity development and institutional strengthening, policy dialogue and advocacy in one or more of INKLUSI’s priorities.
- Significant experience with a proven track record of working on similar programs/projects, including with DFAT-funded programs, and progressively substantive experience working in Indonesia is an asset.
- Solid experience working and/or providing high level GEDSI advisory and technical support to policy and decision makers, senior officials of government institutions, civil society organisations and DFAT.
- Strategic thinker with strong advisory skills, technical expertise, and practical experience in the development of intersectional GEDSI policies, strategies, guidelines and standards, tools and technical guidance, and checklists.
- Significant experience in GEDSI capacity development, institutional strengthening, and multi stakeholder consultation and engagement, with excellent facilitation and training skills. Strong partnership and networking skills and ability to collaborate, communicate and coordinate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders from various organisations working on GEDSI issues to influence change
- Strong problem-solving, strategic planning, organisation and management skills, and proven ability to analyse and provide concrete recommendations, with strong ability to develop and facilitate consolidated work plans and high-quality reports, under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, communications and advocacy skills with ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with government and CSOs partners, and other key stakeholders.
- Strong cultural sensitivity and demonstrated respect for diversity and/or differences; with strong ability to work in a multicultural team and with people from diverse socio-cultural backgrounds, regardless of sex, gender identity, ability, age, religion/faith, race and ethnicity, location, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
Proposal should be submitted to INKLUSI by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 3 June 2022, at the latest
- Please put “INKLUSI PANEL – GEDSI & Intersectionality Expert” in the email subject line.
- Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- Cover letter (1 page), outlining reasons for interest to provide the services, including specifying the area of expertise you are applying for; and how your knowledge, skills, experiences, and qualifications meet the required area of supports.
- Application Form (template as attached) to summarize applicant’s information, samples of written work from previous experiences (highlighting your expertise and achievements in implementing and delivering similar assignments in Indonesia and/or in other countries at the national and/or sub-national levels), list of references of three (3) referees who might be contacted (provide names and contact details - email and phone number), and current CV/resume (no more than 5 pages). note: organization applicant should include CVs of all proposed team member and attach the company profile.
- Financial Proposal for the services (template as attached) which should be presented as daily rate in AUD or IDR only, and inclusive of all taxes.
- Company Profile, for organization applicants.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Cowater International is an equal opportunity employer, basing employment on merit and qualifications as they relate to professional experience and position expectations. Cowater does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender identity, disability, age, or any other basis protected by law.
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
With more than 35 years’ experience, Cowater International is a global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development and has managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our yearly award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2017. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Cowater International also has corporate offices in Montreal, Quebec; London, United Kingdom; Nairobi, Kenya; and Brussels, Belgium, in addition to project offices in a wide variety of other locations across Northern and Sub-Saharan Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, the Caribbean and Asia.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.