Job Title: Results-Based Management Specialist
Sector: Field Support Services
Position Type: Consultancy
Duration/Level of Effort: 12 days
Position Location: Remote
SUMMARY OF THE PROJECT
Field Support Services Project (FSSP) is a five-year project (March 2021–March 2026) funded by Global Affairs Canada (GAC) and managed by Cowater International. FSSP provides administrative, financial, procurement, and logistical services as well as support to the in-country development programming for the Government of Canada through the provision of technical specialists in gender equality, governance and human rights, and environment and climate action and assisting GAC in procuring and managing local development initiatives in Myanmar.
Introduction and Background
Canada development assistance in Myanmar is guided by Feminist International Development Policy (FIAP) and aimed to help improve human dignity, well-being, and rights for all vulnerable and marginalized people, particularly women and girls.
To ensure the effectiveness, efficiency, quality and relevance of Canada’s international assistance in responding to Myanmar’s current situation and challenges, needs and priorities, Canada’s development program in Myanmar requires Field Support Services (FSS) to provide required technical, administrative, financial and logistical support services with language capacity and local networks in Myanmar.
Along with the ultimate outcome “enhancing the effectiveness of Canada’s development outcomes in Myanmar in support of FIAP, and Myanmar’s development needs and priorities”, the FSSP-Myanmar has the following three intermediate outcomes:
- Improve the efficiency of Canada’s development programming and leadership in its priority areas;
- Improve the relevance of Canada’s development assistance in addressing local development challenges, plans, and priorities in Myanmar in alignment with the FIAP core action areas, incorporating a human rights and conflict sensitive approach, with particular attention to the challenges and discrimination faced by women and girls; and
- Increase opportunities for meaningful engagement of CSOs to advance participation in political and peace processes, GE, and human rights for women, girls, and other vulnerable communities.
In order to meet the 3 outcomes listed above, GAC, through its FSSP-Myanmar, is providing funding to local civil society organizations and community-based organizations to implement small projects based on GAC’s thematic areas and program targets. The funding scheme is called Canadian Inclusive Rights for Communities and Local Engagement (CIRCLE) Fund. As of June 2022, FSSP-Myanmar has partnered with six CSOs across Myanmar. In the Grant Orientation Meeting, the partner organizations expressed the need for Result-based Management training for their project staff as well as some management personnel to be able to manage and monitor the project. Against this background, FSSP-Myanmar is looking for a consultant who is able to provide RBM training for FSSP-Myanmar’s partner organizations.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
By the end of the training, the participants will be able to apply the RBM approach (including Result-based monitoring, reporting, and decision making) in their respective Local Development Projects. Furthermore, it is expected to improve the CSO’s project management throughout their project life cycle: from initiation (analysis, project planning and design) to implementation (results-based monitoring, adjustments, and reporting), and closure (final evaluations and reports, and integrating lessons learned into future programming).
The outputs and key activities under this assignment will be implemented by the selected consultant with the required technical expertise and knowledge of local CSOs in Myanmar.
a. Consultation with FSSP-Myanmar’s partner organizations to identify the needs and existing knowledge of the RBM concepts.
- Meeting with FSSP-Myanmar team
- Develop discussion points
- Validate the discussion points with FSSP-Myanmar and obtain approval
- Conduct consultation sessions with SIX partner organizations
- Prepare a short consultation report
b. Develop a training proposal/Manual
- Validate the training proposal/manual with FSSP-Myanmar and obtain approval
- Prepare post-training evaluation template
c. Conduct the training
- Conduct RBM training for SIX partner organizations
- Collect the feedback from the participants
d. Prepare a summary training report
- Prepare summary training report including consolidating the partner’s feedback and post-training evaluation and recommendation for future
- Validate with FSSP-Myanmar and finalize the report
- Advanced University degree or equivalent experience in Public Administration, Public Policy and Management, Development Studies, International Development, Management, and related fields.
Minimum Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 6 years of cumulative experience in conducting and facilitating the training particularly for Local Civil Society Organizations, Community-based Organizations.
- Demonstrated understanding of concepts of Project Cycle Management, and Result-based Management is essential.
- Experience working on gender issues would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Canada’s Feminist International Assistance Policy is desirable.
- Experience working with/for other donors/international organization, particularly for conducting and facilitating training.
- Demonstrated understanding of civil society landscape in Myanmar.
- Demonstrated experience in curriculum development, training design, training evaluation, and training report.
- Strong interpersonal, cross-cultural and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting training such as RBM, project cycle management, monitoring, and evaluation training, and more.
- Prior experience in working with Local CSOs/CBO would be an advantage.
- Ability to write/prepare reports, and training proposals in English is necessary.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting online training is necessary.
- Excellent training facilitation skills would be highly desirable.
- The training curriculum/module will be developed in English. The PowerPoint slides (if necessary) will be prepared in both languages (Myanmar and English). The training will be conducted/facilitated in Myanmar language. The training report will be prepared in English Language.
- The Consultant will work from his/her home base with virtual meetings/ consultation sessions with FSSP- Myanmar team, and relevant LDI partners. As necessary, in producing analysis/report/briefs, the Consultant will conduct his/her own literature review and deliver the expected outlined outputs.
- Duration of Agreement: The total expected duration of the assignment is up to 12 days in August and end in September 2022. The assignment report must be finalized and submitted within this period.
An estimated detailed budget for the above-mentioned outputs shall be submitted by the consultant.
Interested individual consultants must include the following documents when submitting the applications to email@example.com latest by 26 July 2022:
- CV indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references.
- Brief statement as to why the individual considers him/herself as suitable for the assignment and highlighting his/her strong experience and knowledge in the governance sector in Myanmar.
- Financial Proposal shall be submitted in the following format:
- The financial proposal should specify an all-inclusive daily rate for up to 12 working days;
- The financial proposal must be all-inclusive and take into account various expenses that will be incurred during the contract, including the daily professional fee and when applicable any other relevant expenses related to the performance of services under the contract.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Cowater International is an equal opportunity employer, basing employment on merit and qualifications as they relate to professional experience and position expectations. Cowater does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender identity, disability, age, or any other basis protected by law.
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Evaluation of Applications:
Please refer to the complete job description on our website via the following link