Sector: Monitoring and Evaluation
Position Type: Full-time
Duration/Level of Effort: Long-term
Position Location: Brussels or remote – depending on the location of the candidate
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Cowater International is currently recruiting a Project Manager to be a key player in the M&E Department in charge of business development and then of managing and implementing large donor-funded projects in the M&E sector. As part of the Department, you will have a unique opportunity to collaborate on a wide array of humanitarian/development projects that engage various stakeholders around innovative solutions that bring lasting impact in the countries in which we operate.
Reporting to the Department Director, the M&E Project Manager will have overall responsibility for preparation of offers, detailed financial and technical oversight of projects, quality assurance, client and partners relations and management of sector specialists on the field.
Our ideal candidate possesses a strong background in project management and offer preparation (in particular for FCDO), knowledge of M&E, as well as an entrepreneurial and visionary outlook to help advance projects’ objectives and results and the company overall.
More specifically the M&E Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Preparation of competitive bids for various donors (FCDO, CSSF, UN, EU) as offer manager and support drafter;
- Participating in project activities as M&E expert to support the project team conducting research, data collection and data analysis;
- Performing quality control on project deliverables;
- Managing the budgets, contracts and schedules rigorously;
- Engaging in recruitment of experts and project staff;
- Communicating with and reporting to the clients, donors and beneficiaries;
- Establishing a clear reporting and communication line between HQ and the field; and
- Ensuring dissemination of innovative good practices within the company to ensure knowledge capitalization.
- Master’s degree in development studies, economics, social sciences or other relevant discipline.
- At least 5 years of work experience and credibility with international donors.
- Fluent in English and French with excellent drafting skills
- Demonstrated technical expertise in M&E sector, especially in fragile and conflict affected states
- Experience with databases, dashboards, surveys and data analysis
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Capacity to think and work politically, building strategic relationships and identify creative ways to address challenges and issues.
- Positive mindset, team player attitude and solution-oriented thinking are welcome!
Language Proficiency: English and French
Employment Conditions: The position requires international travel.
Candidates are encouraged to apply by June 3, 2022 / as soon as possible.
For your application to be considered, please send your CV and motivation letter to M&E Department Director, Mrs. Marta Chudzikiewicz at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cowater International is an equal opportunity employer, basing employment on merit and qualifications as they relate to professional experience and position expectations. Cowater does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender identity, disability, age, or any other basis protected by law.
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
With more than 35 years’ experience, Cowater International is a global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development and has managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our yearly award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2017. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Cowater International also has corporate offices in Montreal, Quebec; London, United Kingdom; Nairobi, Kenya; and Brussels, Belgium, in addition to project offices in a wide variety of other locations across Northern and Sub-Saharan Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, the Caribbean and Asia.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.