JUSTICE EDUCATION SOCIETY
Justice Education Society of British Columbia (JES) is a Canadian non-profit organization with over 30 years of experience advancing the rule of law by empowering people to access and deliver justice through increasing legal capability, strengthening justice systems and developing digital solutions. JES implements programs and has offices in Canada, Guyana, Guatemala, Honduras, and Panama, and also works in Costa Rica, Colombia, and El Salvador. In the near future, JES will establish an office in Castries, Saint Lucia to implement programs in Saint Lucia, Grenada, Dominica, and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. JES has diverse sources of funding including donors and provincial, federal, and overseas governments. More information on JES is available at: www.JusticeEducation.ca.
JES will work to increase the protection of the rights of women and youth by the justice system of the Eastern Caribbean by improving access to justice, particularly for women and youth. The project will focus on improving the capacity of the justice sector and vulnerable populations to effectively administer judicial processes and the exercise of their rights especially in cases of sexual and gender based violence (SGBV).
Under the leadership and guidance of the Project Director and Country Representative, the Project Manager will be responsible for coordinating project activities to support overall project implementation and management which include, but are not limited to, collecting data, drafting, and producing technical reports, facilitating meetings with stakeholders, assisting with the project evaluation, monitoring, and reporting and efficient financial management. The position reports to the Project Director and works in collaboration with the Project Officer, as well as other JES team members and consultants.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Program Development and Delivery.
- Assists and prepares progress reports to monitor all technical, financial, and administrative aspects of the utilization and impact of all resources made available to the project.
- Conduct inventory checks of donated equipment and office equipment,
- Scan local media for relevant project context information and ensure that media coverage of the project is recorded in the project database.
- Work with relevant colleagues to collect and compile all available data and information on the status, issues and outcomes related to the project and present field data gathered for further analysis.
- Attend, and take minutes at meetings; ensure good and close liaison in collaboration with project network, stakeholders, and other project-related agencies.
- Monitor project expenditure and contracts/agreements with project partners and counterparts on project implementation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Budgeting experience and financial management skills.
- Proven experience reporting to funders on international projects.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Highly organized.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- 7+ years’ experience of relevant professional project management experience, experience working with justice sector officials and staff, experience working in remote multi-cultural teams, experience working in, or with, the justice sector.
- Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills.
- Proficiency MS Office Suite.
- Experience dealing with confidential data and tracking expenses.
- Excellent relationship-building skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Problem-solving skills.
- A minimum of an associate degree in project management, Business Administration, Social Sciences, or relevant discipline.
- Working knowledge of the region’s mixed legal and commonwealth traditions.
- Legally allowed to live and work in Saint Lucia.
- Ability and willingness to travel regionally and internationally.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Knowledge of justice sector institutions.
- Knowledge of results-based management framework.
- Experience working with women, youth, and vulnerable populations.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by September 30, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.