Sector: Project Management
Position Type: Full Time
Duration/Level of Effort: Full Time
Position Location: In-person
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Cowater Belgium is currently recruiting a Project Manager to be a key player in the FWC Department in charge of managing and implementing Framework contracts and Long-term agreements.
As part of the Department, you will have a unique opportunity to develop and implement development projects that engage various stakeholders around innovative solutions that bring lasting impact in the countries in which we operate.
Reporting to the Department Director, the Project Manager will have overall responsibility for detailed financial and technical oversight of projects; quality assurance, client and partners relations and management of sector specialists on the field.
More specifically the Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing proposals : technical methodology, team building, financial proposal;
- Resource planning, building and continually motivating the best experts available within a specific sector, selection of candidates, reviewing CVs;
- Supervising, coordinating and monitoring the inputs of all team members and consortium partners;
- Performing quality control on all deliverables;
- Support in finalising presentation of CVs and methodologies for each submission (Graphic Design and Layout);
- Job advertisement of timely opportunities open to publish on JobAdder;
- Data analysis and visual presentation of statistics;
- Developing financial proposals, managing the budgets, contracts and schedules rigorously;
- Communicating with and reporting to the clients, donors and beneficiaries; and
- Establishing and developing good relations with partners and experts.
Our ideal candidate possesses an entrepreneurial outlook to help advance the objectives and results of the department and the company overall.
- University degree in development studies, economics, social sciences, communication or other relevant discipline.
- At least 1-2 years of work experience with international donors. Preferably in the management of FWC or Election Observation Mission or Intl. Development Project funded by the EC.
- Fluently bilingual in English and French with excellent communication skills. Additional languages and especially Spanish will be considered as an asset;
- Demonstrated technical expertise in the areas : 1) Election / Democratization Process and/or ; 2) Food Security/Agro Business/Environment and/or Natural Resources Management;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Strong financial management skills;
- Strong IT Skills: advanced use of MS Office (most of all Word and Excel) – Other software for Graphic Design is an asset;
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- High energy level; and
- Capacity to think and work politically, building strategic relationships and identify creative ways to address challenges and issues.
Position Condition: Based in Brussels.
Candidates are encouraged to apply by June 16, 2022 / as soon as possible on our Careers Page.
For your application to be considered, please upload your documents as followed: Candidate Last Name, First Name, date, Title of the Position.
Cowater International is an equal opportunity employer, basing employment on merit and qualifications as they relate to professional experience and position expectations. Cowater does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender identity, disability, age, or any other basis protected by law.
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
With more than 35 years’ experience, Cowater International is a global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development and has managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our yearly award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2017. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Cowater International also has corporate offices in Montreal, Quebec; London, United Kingdom; Nairobi, Kenya; and Brussels, Belgium, in addition to project offices in a wide variety of other locations across Northern and Sub-Saharan Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, the Caribbean and Asia.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.