Project Field Manager - Pakistan
Cowater International Inc. is a Canadian private-sector international development and management consulting firm, with experience managing and implementing projects in more than 60 countries worldwide. We are currently seeking an experienced Project Field Manager to be based in Peshawar, Pakistan for our AusAID-funded Citizen Engagement for Effective Social Service Delivery (CESSD) project. This project, currently in its third phase, operates in 11 districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Province, and is a multi-sectoral capacity building initiative working at the community, district, and provincial level to improve the supply of, and access to basic social services (education, health care, and water supply).
Under the supervision of Cowater HQ, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Overall responsibility for the achievement of Project results;
- Overall management of the project's progress and staff in Pakistan;
- Overall responsibility for procurement using Project funds;
- Overall responsibility for the financial accounting of the Project field expenses.
Program Planning and Reporting
1. Preparation of background documentation and participation in the Project Steering Committee meetings; responsible for policy/direction and operational decision-making.
2. Ensuring sensitivity to gender and social accountability issues and concerns in all project activities, communication messages and materials.
3. Preparation of annual workplans and progress reports.
Management and Administration:
· Maintain CESSD Project offices – ensure that CESSD offices are properly equipped to run efficiently;
· Administration of locally engaged personnel – in consultation with the Canadian Project Manager and in accordance with AusAID and Cowater hiring policies, recruit the locally engaged professional and support personnel as required, establish their job descriptions, supervise, support and administer the contracts of these personnel and conduct annual performance appraisals of each locally engaged staff member and report the appraisals to the Cowater HQ;
· Provide coordination, administration, and logistical support to international consultants in Pakistan on short-term assignments;
· Prepare terms of reference, coordinate the selection and manage the work of local service providers (ie. Implementing Partners) and consultants in accordance with the annual workplan and their signed contracts;
· Policies and Procedures – in consultation with the CPM, regularly update appropriate policies and procedures to facilitate the administration of the CESSD office.
· Maintain quality control measures to ensure proper accountability;
· Assume accountability for all field expenditures related to CESSD;
· Supervise accounting functions and approve payments and procurement, as approved in the annual procurement plan.
· Master’s degree from a recognized educational institution, or a Bachelor’s Degree with exceptional experience.
· At least 10 years of experience in international development, with 5 years working in a developing country - South Asia or Pakistan would be an asset.
· At least 10 years’ experience leading large and complex projects.
· At least 8 years supervising a minimum of 8 employees.
· Strong organizational skills and rigorous attention to detail.
· Proven capabilities in proactive management, enabling s/he to react to daily problems.
· Proven ability to interact with very senior government officials and donors.
· Ability to bridge hierarchical gaps and promote participation, communication and joint action.
· Results oriented management style, ability to innovate, delegate, strategize and lead.
· Ability to supervise, mentor and create enthusiasm in others towards teamwork and taking responsibility.
· Excellent writing, editorial and interpersonal skills.
· Business development acumen.
· Flexibility and cultural sensitivity.
· Fluency in English.
· Experience in a volatile environment
Individuals who are qualified for the position outlined below are asked to send their CVs to email@example.com with the subject line “CESSD-PFM”.