Cowater is implementing the SEIP in South Africa; a collaboration between the Government of South Africa and the Government of Canada to increase accountability, efficiency and transparency of the public administration in delivering gender responsive services to the South African public. SEIP’s main counterpart and beneficiary is the Department of Public Service and Administration (DPSA). SEIP is providing technical assistance to assist the DPSA in the design and operationalization a new specialized Ethics, Integrity and Discipline Management Technical Assistance Unit (PA-EID-TAU) in the department, responsible for supporting the public administration at the national provincial and municipal level in improving ethics and integrity. Cowater is initially supporting the research and design of the unit and will then pilots it’s various services and operations and support the initial implementation across government. Technical support is being provided to DPSA in areas relating to Protected Disclosures, Conflict of Interest, Investigations, Lifestyle Auditing, and Advocacy/Communications.
ANTICIPATED LEVEL OF EFFORT
Full time, 37.5 hours per week
LOCATION OF ASSIGNMENT
Pretoria, South Africa (Candidates living in Johannesburg are also encouraged to apply, with the expectation of regular travel to Pretoria)
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The Project Coordinator, based full-time in South Africa, will support SEIP’s international and national technical advisors in the efficient management and implementation of the SEIP project. The Project Coordinator will play an important part in all management aspects of the project, from monitoring and evaluation, reporting, stakeholder engagement, recruitment and administrative/logistics.
The specific responsibilities of the Project Coordinator include the following:
1) Facilitate project administration and provide support to the SEIP team;
2) Establish and maintain efficient project administrative and management systems, including regularly updating and tracking progress against activities;
3) Perform research and analysis relating to project surveys and benchmarking;
4) Perform media monitoring to capture current event relating to ethics, integrity and anti-corruption in South Africa;
5) Develop a working relationship with Global Affairs Canada (GAC) and conduct reporting to GAC on a regular basis and as required for successful implementation of the project;
6) Support the recruitment of technical experts as required;
7) Provide logistical support for institutional exchanges and workshops organized by SEIP;
8) Support the SEIP team in the preparation and submission of project reports (bi-annual and annual) to GAC and DPSA;
9) Collecting data for efficient monitoring and evaluation of project results;
10) Conduct proof reading and editing of final deliverables and reports; and
11) Liaising with Government of South Africa stakeholders to ensure their smooth participation in project activities.
Education and Professional Development
- The proposed individual should have at least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, ideally a Master’s degree or higher in a relevant discipline.
- Completion of professional development courses related to: project management, results based management, progress and financial reporting. Professional Development can include additional degree or diploma, professional training, publications, research.
- At least three (3) years, ideally five (5) years or more, of experience in each of the following functions in the context of the day-to-day project operations of multi-year complex international development projects (ideally with a value of CAD $5M or more)
- Project management
- Results based management
- Coordinating activities, information and resources
- Experience monitoring and tracking project progress and handling any issues that arise
- Liaising and negotiating with multi-stakeholders and partners such as governments (national and local), private sector, and, civil society entities
- Preparing and maintaining comprehensive project documents, plans and reports.
- An understanding of and/or experience in the field of Ethics, Integrity or anti-corruption would be considered an asset
Candidates are encouraged to apply by February 4, 2022/as soon as possible on our Careers Page.
For your application to be considered, please upload your documents as followed: Candidate Last Name, First Name, date, Title of the Position.
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
With more than 35 years’ experience, Cowater International is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development and has managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017, 2018 and 2019. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Cowater International also has corporate offices in Montreal, Quebec; London, United Kingdom; Nairobi, Kenya; and Brussels, Belgium; in addition to project offices in a wide variety of other locations across Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.