Application Deadline: 16 June 2023
Position: Project Coordinator (Bilingual French/English)
Type of Employment: Full time
Location: Alinea Gatineau or Calgary corporate office
Reporting to: Office Manager
Language requirements: Fluency in oral and written English and French
Remuneration: Fees are subject to negotiation and must not exceed established market rates.
- A cover letter is mandatory to be considered for this position. Please include your approximate salary expectations as an annual salary amount in Canadian dollars.
- Please read the responsibilities and the qualifications to ensure your cover letter and updated CV reflects the mandatory points.
- Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and cover letter to email@example.com
- Only successful applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.
About Alinea International Ltd.
At Alinea International, we value equity, diversity, and inclusion in everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer and oppose all forms of discrimination. We actively seek and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds, recognizing that an inclusive workforce enriches our organization and achieves smarter, more innovative outcomes.
Alinea is an international development consultancy providing technical and management expertise that helps people improve their lives. We work with governments, investors, companies and communities to create lasting change. Over 35 years, Alinea has successfully delivered more than 515 projects worldwide.
Reporting to the Office Manager and Canadian Project Directors, the Coordinator will be responsible for the logistical and administrative aspects of any projects assigned to them. They will oversee all project administration duties and will liaise as needed with key project stakeholders based in Canada and abroad.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- providing administrative and technical support services for the project and establish and maintain efficient administrative systems including filing and inventory;
- coordinate all project logistics, including transportation and accommodation for project staff and consultants, visas and pre-deployment packages;
- coordinate and provide support on recruitment of key personnel and procurement of goods and services, as needed;
- prepare contracts for consultants and conduct audits of resulting timesheets, expense claims and invoices;
- provide reporting support to the Project Directors, including administrative services, formatting and auditing, reviewing, and submission, as needed;
- provide administrative support to the project core teams and Project Directors and provide guidance on administrative processes to local staff.
Academic Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in administrative assistant, accountant, logistics support or similar position
- Bilingual: Fluency in French and English is required
- Excellent computer skills. A strong skill set in MS Office is required, particularly in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently
- High level of attention to detail
- Experience in formatting documents of length up to 100+ pages
- A team player that readily supports other organizational members and members of their project team(s)
Alinea prides itself on being an adaptive and learning environment, and therefore we foster and encourage job-embedded growth and learning.
Alinea is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. Given the nature of our work, candidates will be subjected to due diligence checks and to enhanced background checks as appropriate.
For more information about Alinea, please visit our website: www.alineainternational.com