Job Title: Marketing and Social Communication Expert
Sector: Social, Economic, Renewal Energy Sector
Duration/Level of Effort:
Position Location: Remote, travel to Cuba will be required
SUMMARY OF THE PROJECT
The project Enhancing Women’s Leadership and Involvement in Cuba’s Renewable Energy Sector is a 4.5-year project funded by Global Affairs Canada (GAC).
The project aims to enhance the social and economic well-being of Cuban women and vulnerable communities in the RE sector, through the accomplishment of the following key results: (i) increasing the productivity of women in major non-electrified areas (Holguin province) by increasing the access of households and communities to RE and enhancing the capacity of women-headed households to utilize innovative hurricane-resilient RE technologies; (ii) dramatically increasing the involvement of women in RE education initiatives in Cuba, enabling them to play a central role in the development of this nascent but fast-growing and critical economic sector; (iii) building a more robust, inclusive and gender-responsive renewable energy sector in Cuba by increasing the women’s awareness and interest to engage as decision-makers in the RE sector, and strengthening the capacity of the Ministry of Mines and Energy (MINEM) to advance Cuba’s gender-sensitive RE strategy.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The purpose of this consultancy is to develop and implement a Communications Strategy and Plan for the FORMER Cuba project. Included in this is the development of a Public Relations toolkit for communications and engagement with international and national stakeholders, such as MINEM (Ministerio de Energía y Minas de Cuba), UNE (Unión Electrica), FMC (Federación de Mujeres Cubanas), Universities and Polytechnics located in Holguin.
The consultant’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Develop the sensibilization and awareness campaign for target groups in Cuba, which include Project stakeholders, children and young students in high school, students in vocational training institutions and universities, and vulnerable community of Holguin (mainly women). The Consultant have to: research audience preferences and discover current trends, create engaging text, images and post.
· To develop a Communication Strategy and Plan, including communication tools and schedule of communications activities. This task includes maintain well informed to the GAC and Sherritt about the hole activities to be delivered by preparing reports and using the Visibility and Recognition Activities Planning Form (for GAC). The Consultant must use various types of media tools such as Facebook, Linkedln, and Instagram, and other communications channels as relevant.
· To create and maintain the online presence for the project by developing original content and attract the community involved in the Energy Sector in Cuba. The consultant must use inclusive language and gender sensitive messages.
· To assist in the promotion and create content for the media and press related with the International Symposium in Gender and Renewable Energy.
· To conduct a validation workshop on communication Strategy and Plan with the FORMER project teams.
· Bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing, public relation or an equivalent level of experience
· Minimum of five (5) years of experience delivering communications and strategic development support to organisations and/or projects and two years of experience in public relations management and with vulnerable populations and ethnic minorities preferable in Cuba and/or Latin American.
· Extensive knowledge in the area of gender mainstreaming in sectors like education, economic empowerment, capacity building and public administration.
· Completion of at least two (2) successful contracts / assignments involving communications strategies and/or plans, development of public relations toolkits, training design and delivery, and capacity development
· Experience working with government departments on the subject would be advantage.
· Experience in social media content management and deeply familiar with digital marketing services, applied to social environments with difficulties in accessing connectivity
· Experience in development communications materials or campaigns on the subject of gender equality and women’s empowerment in Cuba is a distinct advantage for this assignment.
· The candidate must develop a skill set that would be useful in the management of CAD tools (Computer Aided Design).
· Expertise in communications for the development sectors.
· Ability to build institutional capacity in communications and public relations.
· Knowledge of issues related to gender equality and women’s empowerment.
· Expertise in the preparation of layouts, using tools and software, graphic design, writing and editing for print and digital media.
· Ability to deliver creative content (text, image, video, posters)
· Excellent writing and oral communication skills
Language Proficiency: Spanish and English, French is an asset
Employment Conditions: Expected level of effort per year is 30 days (possibility of contract renewal at the discretion of the Project Director).
Candidates are encouraged to apply by August 10th, 2022/as soon as possible on our Career page.
For your application to be considered, please upload your documents as followed: Candidate Last Name, First Name, date, Title of the Position.
Cowater International is an equal opportunity employer, basing employment on merit and qualifications as they relate to professional experience and position expectations. Cowater does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender identity, disability, age, or any other basis protected by law.
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
With more than 35 years’ experience, Cowater International is a global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development and has managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our yearly award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2017. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Cowater International also has corporate offices in Montreal, Quebec; London, United Kingdom; Nairobi, Kenya; and Brussels, Belgium, in addition to project offices in a wide variety of other locations across Northern and Sub-Saharan Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, the Caribbean and Asia.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.