Gender-based Planning and Budgeting Specialist (ANTICIPATORY RECRUITMENT)
Position Title: Gender-based Planning and Budgeting Specialist
Position Type: Contract
Duration of the assignment: 10 month
Level of Effort: TBD
Anticipated start date: January 2019
Procurement Phase: Bid (anticipatory selection)
Application Deadline: ASAP – November 9th 2018
Contact Point: email@example.com
The aim of the project is to enhance the capacity of the project stakeholders (government agencies) to systematically address gender equality priorities in its planning and programming processes. Specifically, this consultancy is aimed at building the capacity of the relevant Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) to incorporate a substantive gender dimension in the country’s sustainability plan, strategic vision and medium-term development plans.
Consultancy services include technical assistance (TA) and bespoke training services.
- Implementation of a Government Capacity Building Plan for Gender Analysis in Planning and Budgeting:
- Develop a Gender Analysis Training Package on gender analysis for gender-responsive planning and budgeting for Civil Servants including Educators to be included in the training curriculum for the group;
- Deliver training on gender analysis practical tools and approaches to technical staff in government agencies and the education system, based on the training package developed by the project;
- Train a pool of gender analysis and planning trainers and multipliers.
- Incorporation of Strategic Gender Equality Priorities in the sustainability planning process:
- Provide direct Technical Assistance and collaborate with various government stakeholders and team of consultants assigned with the task to develop sustainability plans and the corresponding business plans to integrate gender priorities and concrete implementation measures in sustainability plans in all sectors;
- Develop a Gender Implementation Strategy;
- Design a plan to gradually introduce the gender data management system to the individual government agencies;
- Develop a three-year cross-sectoral implementation plan for gender equality based on the medium and long-term priorities.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of international project experience in gender planning and budgeting and institutional capacity building;
- Extensive technical regional and international experience with projects focused on policy dialogue and gender mainstreaming, gender training, gender responsive planning and budgeting, development of gender responsive indicators and data management systems, participatory learning methods, and capacity building of civil servants and/or educators;
- Excellent capacity building skills, with demonstrated experience in training, coaching and facilitation;
- Strong relationship-building, political acumen and diplomacy skills in cross-cultural contexts;
- English oral and written fluency (essential).
Please send your CV, detailing how you meet the qualifications for this consultancy posting, no later than November 9th, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org