Field Manager (NRM) Ethiopia
Agriteam Canada Consulting Ltd. provides management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 30 years, Agriteam has managed and implemented more than 350 projects and assignments in dozens of countries worldwide.
We are currently looking to expand our team with the addition of a Field Manager to support the overall field operations of a proposed natural resource management project managed by Agriteam Canada in Ethiopia. Working in partnership with the Project Director, s/he will oversee the operations of the project in Ethiopia, translating the strategic direction and mandate of the project, as defined through a series of annual work plans, into project outcome results.
- Oversee and direct the work of all project technical and support staff in support of project priorities, including project finances, administration, logistics, planning, and coordinating of technical assistance advisors, management of field staff and advisors, consultants and experts.
- Coordinate contracting of local technical experts and provide support to contextualizing and adapting training materials.
- Manage all Ethiopian project relationships including technical assistance partners (individuals, organizations, government, etc.).
- Manage project relationships including coordination with other donor agencies and projects.
- Lead the annual work planning process including the consolidation and approval of an annual project budget that captures the strategic intent defined by the project’s Project Implementation Plan.
- Support the monitoring and reporting team, and oversee ongoing data collection and monitoring of project results that will be incorporated into the project progress and performance reports.
- Support finance officers, and oversee and manage the project’s field budget.
- Masters or Advanced Degree in business administration, environmental sciences, environmental management, or an area relevant to international development, or a bachelor’s degree with equivalent experience (5 years in addition to the required experience).
- At least ten (10) years of management experience working on complex, multi-stakeholder development projects in a developing country.
- At least seven (7) years of professional experience working on projects focused on environmental management, natural resource management, extractives, vocational education, and economic growth and development.
- Experience managing/directing multi-year, multi-million dollar development projects, in developing countries and or post-conflict settings.
- Experience working on development projects in East Africa, preferably Ethiopia.
- Strong expertise and skills in relationship building, including creating and sustaining high performing teams.
- Experience with performance/results chain management tools and methods, such as results-based management (RBM) or managing for development results (MfDR).
- Fluency in English mandatory, additional languages considered an asset.
- Willing to relocate to Ethiopia for a minimum of two years.
• Experience in individual and organizational capacity development.
• Working knowledge of common International Funding Agency project/program contract processes, policies and protocols.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong problem-solving and adaptability/flexibility capabilities.
Agriteam Canada offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter and CV (6 page max) to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include the position name in the subject line of your email. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted; no telephone enquiries please.
For more information about Agriteam, please visit our website: www.agriteam.ca .