Position Type: (e.g. consultancy, full time) Short-Term Consultancy
Duration/Level of Effort: Full-Time
Position Location: (e.g. Remote or In-Person) In-Person
Summary of the Project
The GREAT Program is a flagship initiative of the Australian Aid program in Vietnam – it commenced in November 2017 and will run for five years until June 2022. The Program seeks to promote women’s economic empowerment (WEE) in the ethnically diverse north-west region of Vietnam. The primary beneficiaries are women living in the provinces of Son La and Lao Cai with a focus on the economic inclusion of women from ethnic minority communities.
Summary of the Position
The GREAT Program plans to develop a Financial Inclusion Strategy for improving access to finance for ethnic minority women and their households that are smallholder farmers or operate household-based tourism businesses. This Strategy will inform the GREAT Program’s Phase 2 (hereafter called GREAT 2), that will run from 2022-2027 and will directly build on the review being conducted of GREAT’s A2F pilot projects.
GREAT will contract a consulting organisation, or group of consultants (one international consultant and one national consultant) to develop a Strategy for Improving Access to Finance (A2F) for Ethnic Minority Women and Smallholder Farmers under the Aus4Equality|GREAT Program.
For more information please refer to the TOR here: https://cowater.sharepoint.com/sites/JobAdder/Shared Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx?id=%2Fsites%2FJobAdder%2FShared Documents%2FSEED%2F02 Active Projects%2F1178 - Aus4Equality GREAT Vietnam%2FAus4Equality GREAT Vietnam Strategy on Improving Access to Finance%2Epdf&parent=%2Fsites%2FJobAdder%2FShared Documents%2FSEED%2F02 Active Projects%2F1178 - Aus4Equality GREAT Vietnam
With the overall coordination and process of GREAT’s Team Leader in collaboration with GREAT staff, the consultants will take a lead and be proactive in planning and implementing the assigned tasks to deliver the commissioned outputs.
• Develop a gendered market analysis proposal, tools, and data synthesis templates
• Carry out the tasks according to the agreed proposal and major tasks, ensuring high quality
• Carry out interviews with related stakeholders/individuals as required to collect sufficient inputs for the strategy development
• Conduct data synthesis and analysis
• Draft, improve and finalize the gendered market analysis report according to the agreed reporting outline
• Plan for the consultation workshops, prepare presentation slides, facilitate the discussions in the consultation workshops
• Draft, improve and finalize the Strategy on A2F for smallholder farmers and ethnic minority women
Consulting organisations or consulting groups are expected to propose team members with:
• Knowledge on financial inclusion and solutions on A2F for women and smallholder farmers in the South East Asia region or internationally.
• Knowledge and experience on practical solutions on financial inclusion and A2F for women and smallholder farmers in Vietnam
• Relevant tertiary qualifications eg. economics or finance.
• Experience with the design of development programs and an understanding of women’s economic empowerment is preferred.
How to Apply
Interested consulting organisations or consulting groups are invited to send a proposal to email@example.com before 5pm Hanoi time on 28 March 2022 with the subject line “Financial Inclusion Strategy”.
The proposal needs to include:
(i) Proposed methodology (maximum 5 pages).
(ii) The proposed team members including CVs and statement of availability by each team member and daily rate (AUD).
Please note that international consultant daily rates need to align with DFAT’s Aid Renumeration Framework https://www.dfat.gov.au/about-us/publications/adviser-remuneration-framework. National Consultant rates need to align with EU/Un cost norms.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Those that applied previously do not need to re-apply.
Cowater International is an equal opportunity employer, basing employment on merit and qualifications as they relate to professional experience and position expectations. Cowater does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender identity, disability, age, or any other basis protected by law.
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
With more than 35 years’ experience, Cowater International is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development and has managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Cowater International also has corporate offices in Montreal, Quebec; London, United Kingdom; Nairobi, Kenya; and Brussels, Belgium, in addition to project offices in a wide variety of other locations across Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.