Coordinator for the 2018 CAIDP Conference
Request for Service Proposal:
Conference Coordinator for CAIDP’s Annual Conference in January 2018
Contract term and Payment: Lump sum payment based on full-time work from September 2017 to the end of January 2018 (preferred start date: September 4, 2017); Part-time work at an hourly rate may be required before September 2017.
Application deadline: 12:00 PM Monday, August 14.
In January 2018, the Canadian Association of International Development Professionals (CAIDP) will host its Annual Conference. CAIDP is seeking a qualified individual to lead the coordination and implementation of this important event.
The conference will take place in Ottawa in January 2018. This special event will bring together approximately 100 participants including broad representation from CAIDP memberships, development experts, policy makers, government, academics and other key international development stakeholders from Canada and abroad. This conference is a unique opportunity for rich discussion, debate, sharing of best practices and identifying opportunities for innovative partnerships across sectors.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Reporting to the CAIDP Conference Committee, the Consultant will be responsible for planning, organizing and coordinating the conference. The Consultant will work directly with CAIDP’s Conference Committee and lead a team of volunteers to ensure a successful conference including the smooth delivery of all aspects of the events, such as, but not limited to: programming, logistics, communications, registration, and hospitality. More specifically, the Consultant will:
• Coordinate and participate in the CAIDP Conference Committee and CAIDP Conference Committee meetings;
• Coordinate some communications with other partners;
• Assist in developing the conference agenda where needed;
• Coordinate necessary follow up with conference keynote speakers and panelists, including accommodation, registration and transportation needs; as well as any necessary content support;
• Manage advance on-line registration including following up on requests for information on registration, and generating regular reports on registration;
• Oversee overall event logistics, ensuring that the highest standards are upheld and a positive conference experience for participants;
• Develop a work plan in collaboration with CAIDP’s Conference Committee which identifies list of tasks, timelines and any additional support required;
• Work with identified venue to finalise all logistical details including: room set-up, audio visual and interpretation requirements and conference schedule;
• Liaise with venue caterer to coordinate all catering services for the conference;
• Identify suppliers, establish contracts and manage their payments where necessary;
• Organize poster presentations, vendor exhibits, partner or sponsor tables, as required;
• Support internal and external communications and publicity related to the conference including emails, website inputs and social media;
• Coordinate and support sponsorship requests for the conference;
• Work with CAIDP’s Conference Committee on the conference budget;
• Work within established budgets and provide necessary weekly, monthly and end of mandate budget updates as needed;
• Assist with marketing the conference as required;
• Produce weekly progress reports including relevant financial details;
• Post-event, the coordinator is responsible for wrapping up any outstanding details;
• Be available to work extended hours in the lead up to the events;
• Respond to urgent requests and be available on short notice when required; and
• Any other tasks as required or as requested the CAIDP Conference Committee
Candidates must have:
• Excellent written, spoken English. Fluency in French will be considered an important asset;
• University degree or college degree in a relevant field (project management, public relations, communications, marketing, etc.).
• Experience in a similar role;
• Experience organizing and coordinating large multiple day events and liaising with national and international guests;
• Experience working within a committee;
• Knowledge of international development and cooperation considered an asset;
• Ability to work in MS Office;
• Ability to prioritize and organize;
• Ability to work independently, to lead and to take initiative;
• Experience working with diverse organizations and management styles;
• Attention to detail and respectful of deadlines;
• Skills in customer service, marketing and sales;
• Exceptionally clear communication skills (writing and verbal);
• Knowledge of financial management;
• Ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced work environment;
• Available to work evenings and weekends if necessary
HOW TO APPLY
Consultants meeting the above criteria are invited to submit a proposal by e-mail to email@example.com no later than 12:00 PM, Monday, August 14 2017.
Proposals should include the following:
- CV of the consultant, outlining previous experience in organizing and coordinating large multiple day events and other relevant experience;
- Complete contact information;
- Contact information for 3 references; and
- Cover letter
We thank all those who apply, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls please. CAIDP encourages, promotes and supports diversity in all aspects of its work.