Canadian Team Leader (CTL)- Indonesia
Cowater International Inc. is a well-established international development and management consulting firm based in Ottawa, Canada with experience in 60 countries worldwide. More information about the firm may be obtained at www.cowater.com.
The Leadership for Local Development (LLD) Project, implemented by Cowater and WUSC, supports democratic governance and enhancement of participation of civil society in decision-making processes at the local level by strengthening and expanding the out-reach functions of several academic institutions of higher learning. The overall project goal is to improve the capacity of government and civil society to develop and implement policies and programs that are consistent with democratic governance principles and in support of decentralized service delivery.
The Canadian Team Leader provides leadership for the SILE/LLD Project and is responsible for and coordinates with the teams (Jakarta, Makassar, Surabaya) and stakeholders in the development and delivery of a holistic strategy and work plans to meet project results. Responsible for the strategic planning and achievement of the results of the project as indicated in the Prime Contract with CIDA and/or the PIP. Responsible for the overall management, coordination and implementation of the project in Indonesia.
- University degree and or equivalent professional development training related to international development in areas such as democratic governance, university structure and system, and community outreach
- Demonstrated experience in managing/directing staff in cross-cultural situations on major and complex projects
- Knowledge and applied understanding of results based management and participatory decision making process
- Strong leadership skills with strategic vision
- Experience in capacity development, mainstreaming gender equality, project performance assessment and monitoring, communication and public relations skills
- Experience living in developing countries, particularly in an Islamic context, Southeast Asia preferably Indonesia would be an asset
- Facility in the Indonesian language a strong advantage; otherwise high level of commitment to learning the language to an acceptable level
Candidates are invited to submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Canadian Team Leader- Indonesia” by Friday, December 6, 2013. We thank all those who apply but only those shortlisted will be contacted.