SogemaTech is looking for a Business Analyst to support the SIGTAS and eTAX products being deployed to clients across the Caribbean region, Africa, and Asia. The SIGTAS and eTAX solutions are designed to support tax authorities seeking to manage tax collection with a single, integrated solution.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The Business Analyst lead, focusing on Information Technology (IT), will be a client facing position and will be responsible for collecting and confirming key requirements to support the movement from requirements, to development, UAT, training and go-live. The work will require interactions between the Product Owner (Montreal-based), the client (various locations) plus our local Systems integration partners. The Business Analyst should be able to travel between 25-50% of the year, for periods of 2-4 weeks at any given time.
- Understanding/documentation of the organizational structure (executive order, mission, shared responsibilities);
- Description of current workflows (including management and control);
- Adjustment of high level To-Be diagrams;
- Deployment strategy (tax type, taxpayer type, region, function);
- Detailed drafting of instruction sheets (or support to);
- Parameterization in SIGTAS;
- Documentation of the change requests;
- Preparation and support to UAT;
- Description and follow-up of Jiras;
- Strategy and procedures for data conversion and maintenance (tax types and tax information: taxpayer, balance, exemption, etc.);
- Training strategy (BA and user training needs analysis);
- Adaptation of training material;
- Taxpayer communication strategy (new procedures);
- Conduct User Requirements sessions with client, with a focus on leveraging the “As Is” Features and Functionalities of the SIGTAS and eTAX solutions;
- Document user stories to ensure they are clearly understood by developers and the QA team;
- Prepare the planning and execution of unit, scenario, integration and UAT testing;
- Communicate key project requirements to the solution development team;
- Test and validate the solution and verify it meets customer requirements;
- Support the Product Owner in defining and prioritizing the backlog; and
- Maintain robust, precise and accessible functional documentation for all stakeholders in the company within corporate JIRA system.
- Minimum of five (5) years of prior experience as a Business Analyst;
- Experience with Agile / Scrum methodologies for software development;
- Strong experience and knowledge of Tax administration domain, ideally with government clients and solutions;
- Strong experience in BPMN process modeling;
- Experience and knowledge of web environment applications; and
- Experience with Jira, Confluence and Microsoft 365.
- Multiple level teamwork; and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present ideas to a diverse audience including training and workshops sessions.
Language Proficiency: Perfect spoken and written English and French
Candidates are encouraged to apply by as soon as possible on our Careers Page.
For your application to be considered, please upload your documents as followed: Candidate Last Name, First Name, date, Title of the Position.
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.