Position: Administrative Coordinator
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Gatineau, Quebec
Reports to: Project Manager
Remuneration: Fees are subject to negotiation and must not exceed established market rates.
- A cover letter is mandatory to be considered. Cover letters should detail how you fit the opportunity, your desired salary and current availability.
- Click the link to apply International Development Project Coordinator | Alinea International | LinkedIn
- Only successful candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
At Alinea International we value equity, diversity and inclusivity in everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer opposed to all forms of discrimination. We actively seek and encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds recognizing that an inclusive workforce enriches our organisation and achieves smarter, more innovative results.
About Alinea International Ltd.
Alinea is an international development consultancy providing technical and management expertise that helps people improve their lives. We work with governments, investors, companies and communities to create lasting change. Over 35 years, Alinea has successfully delivered more than 515 projects worldwide. alineainternational.com
About the Project
The Expert Deployment Mechanism for Climate Action in Africa Project deploys Canadian climate change experts to partner with governments, NGOs and the private sector in Sub-Saharan Africa countries. Building on progress made in achieving climate change mitigation and adaptation commitments in Sub-Saharan Africa, the Project provides targeted, short-term technical assistance and capacity building in support of implementation of the Paris Climate Agreement across the region – with a focus on increasing women’s capabilities to fully participate as active agents of change.
The Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for the logistical and administrative aspects of the Project. The Administrative Coordinator will report to the PM.
Responsibilities of the Asministrative Coordinator include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensuring that all logistical arrangements are in place for the technical experts being deployed
- Ensuring that all logistical arrangements are in place for Recipient Organizations, including training, conference participation and South-South exchanges
- Managing the procurement of goods and services in accordance with the approved Procurement Policies and Procedures
- In accordance with the approved Standard Operating Procedures, negotiating and preparing the contracts with the technical experts
- In accordance with the approved Standard Operating Procedures, administering processes and procedures to deploy and monitor the technical experts, and as necessary, the management of unforeseen human resource issues (e.g., medical leave, poor performance)
- Responding to inquiries from stakeholders within a reasonable time period
- Providing and managing administrative services necessary to generate all reports required under the Project
- Establishing and maintaining efficient administrative systems, including filing and inventory
- Conducting research and tracking high-level events relevant to the Project
- Populating and maintaining stakeholders’ database (TEs, partners and recipients)
- Supporting project communications outreach
- Supporting project committees including taking and circulating minutes
- Ensuring that all logistical arrangements are in place for the coordination and execution of project committees and events (e.g., PSC, SC, travel arrangements, coordinating participation with committee members etc.)
- Following up with different team members to ensure timelines are being met.
Academic Qualifications and Experience:
- College diploma (e.g., business administration or public administration, project management certificate) or undergraduate degree (i.e., bachelor or equivalent);
- Minimum of three years of working experience as an Administrative Coordinator
- Demonstrated experience coordinating projects with dispersed resources in two or more developing countries.
- Fluency in English and French (Spanish and Portuguese are an asset)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent management skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and timelines
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to organize priorities based on deadlines
Alinea is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. Given the nature of our work, candidates will be subjected to due diligence checks and to enhanced background checks as appropriate.
For more information about Alinea, please visit our website: www.alineainternational.com