Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) invites applications for an Executive Assistant to the Executive Leadership Team to join our dedicated and talented Information Technology Services team in our mission to create business solutions to poverty!
MEDA’s work is built on a foundation of Mennonite business roots and faith-based values, within the global context of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. We believe business solutions are effective interventions to address poverty. Through a market-systems approach and strategic partnerships, MEDA enables access to finance and provides business and technical expertise to build transformative agri-food market systems that create decent jobs, allowing traditionally excluded groups to become active participants in a sustainable economy. MEDA welcomes all who share our values and want to join us in our mission. To find out more about MEDA, please visit our website at www.meda.org.
The Executive Assistant (EA) will provide direct administrative support to the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) members, enabling maximum productivity of ELT members to deliver on their duties. The EA is responsible for administrative requests from individual ELT members in addition to tasks for the ELT as a whole. The EA to the ELT will additionally provide administrative support to MEDA Board Committees
- Job Status: Full-Time, 1 Year Contract
- Start Date: July/August 2023
- Location: Waterloo, ON (Hybrid work arrangement available)
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Board Meeting and Board Committee Support (40 %)
- Manage agendas and support on presentations for MEDA Board Committees & Presentations, ensuring documentation, communication and organization of materials in SP. Committees include:
- MEDA Mauritius Foundation
- MEDA Impact Investments
- Finance Audit & Risk Committee of the International Board
- Human Capital Committee of the International Board
- MEDA International Investment Committee
- MEDA Canada Board Meetings – Program & PNBD Items
- MEDA US Board Meetings – Fundraising & Constituent Engagement Items
- Collaborate closely with the EA to the CEO on additional Board & Committee items
- Support Board Projects as requested by the EA to the CEO
- Act as back-up to the EA to the CEO in Board Relations as required
- Other Board Support items as requested.
Administrative assistance on ELT projects and operations (30%)
- Participate in the Executive Leadership Team meetings, providing agendas and taking minutes
- Work with EA to the CEO to set weekly and monthly ELT meeting agendas, following the annual ELT schedules and deliverables
- Work with the EA to the CEO to support the ELT’s preparation for board meetings
- Attend Executive Leadership and SMT meetings with ELT members to take meeting minutes as required
- Ensure ELT action items are monitored and completed
- Organize and manage ELT files, maintaining required levels of confidentiality
- Ensure robust systems and processes are in place to support ELT operations
- Work with EA to the CEO and the VP People & Culture to coordinate onboarding and offboarding of ELT members as required
- Coordinate ELT social events as required
- Support ELT preparation and required materials for internal and external events, including Annual Corporate Meetings, MEDA’s annual Convention, all-staff meetings and meetings with external partners
- Work with the VP P&C to provide logistical and administrative support for Annual Corporate Meeting (ACM), liaising between ELT members and the ACM planning team to ensure ELT contributions are delivered
Administrative assistance to individual ELT members (30%)
- Act as the EA to the CFIO, scheduling, calendar, travel support & inbox management
- Compile documents and information as required for ELT members
- Assist with review, research and ad hoc tasks as requested related to executive team work
- Assist with review and support for Executive Leadership Team level PPTs and organizational communications as requested
- Back-up and adhoc – availability permitting, provide scheduling support to ELT members, coordinating with staff and external contacts to book meetings and address calendar conflicts
- Back up for travel and expense report support for ELT members
Any other duties and/or requirements as assigned
Education: University degree, including formal training in management, administration, public administration or related field. Equivalent experience, with post-secondary office administration diploma may be considered.
Experience: Minimum five years’ experience providing administrative support in a corporate setting, including experience working directly with executives and , board of directors/board committees.
Technical: Advanced skills working in Microsoft Office programs including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and SharePoint, as well as Adobe DC
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s mission, vision and values
- Understanding and appreciation of business principles, international development and MEDA’s approach of creating business solutions to poverty
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work effectively to address urgent matters efficiently
- Advanced knowledge of office administration practices
- High level of written and verbal presentation skills
- Proven interpersonal and collaborative problem-solving skills
- Has supported a CFO before
- Understands Finance & Legal
- High level of judgement and discretion because of access to confidential information
- Previous experience supporting complex/multiple Board Committees
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Please apply by Monday, July 17, 2023 at 4:00 PM EST
MEDA is an equal opportunity employer and accommodations are available during all phases of the recruitment process. We ask that any applicants requiring accommodation make their needs known in advance.