Webinar - Microinsurance in International Development Uses, Challenges and Questions of Equity
Microinsurance in International Development Uses, Challenges and Questions of Equity
On February 8th, 2018 (10:30AM to 12:00PM EST) the University of Waterloo and the Risk Management, Economic Sustainability and Risk Management (READI) project funded by Global Affairs Canada, Manulife and Sun Life Assurance Canada, will be hosting a Webinar on Microinsurance.
During this webinar, an expert panel drawn from the Canadian International Development community, the International Actuarial Association and the Canadian Institute of Actuaries will provide insights on the use of Microinsurance in International Development.
Our panelists will include:
Nigel Bowman, Inclusivity Solutions, South Africa
Denis Garand, DGA, Saskatchewan
Dana Peebles, Kartini International, Toronto
Panelist will touch on subjects related to microinsurance themes including:
- What is microinsurance?
- What is holding back wide spread use of microinsurance programs (scale, cost, etc.?)
- What models could be used or adapted?
- What actuaries get wrong when they do micro insurance and what they can learn from it.
- Are microinsurance programs equitable?
- What issues need to be addressed to make them gender sensitive?
An opportunity for discussion will follow the presentations.
Save the date! Registration will be made available shortly.
Stay tuned for more information and speakers bios.