IFI Bootcamp, Edmonton, February 21 - 22, 2018
The Government of Alberta, in collaboration with the Government of Manitoba and Saskatchewan Trade and Export Partnership (STEP) will be hosting a 2-day seminar on how to do business with International Financial Institutions (IFIs). The seminar will include presentations by the World Bank, Asian Development Bank, Inter-American Development Bank and international based companies who have been successful with IFI’s and are looking for potential Canadian partners. The event takes place on February 21 & 22 in Edmonton, Alberta.
CONFIRMED COMPANIES SPEAKING AND AVAILABLE FOR B2B MEETINGS
- IMC Worldwide (UK): IMC Worldwide is a multi-disciplinary international development consultancy with over 50 years of experience providing management and consulting services in developing countries.
- Aninver (Spain): Aninver is a global market intelligence and business advisory group with expertise in construction, infrastructure, energy, public-private partnerships, real estate, technology platforms, among others.
- DNV GL Energy (Germany): DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. They provide classification, technical assurance, software and advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewable industries.
- Tractebel (France): Tractebel offers multidisciplinary solutions in energy, water and infrastructure. Their expertise extends across Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East and Latin America.
- GE: GE participates in markets that include electricity, lighting, industrial automation, medical imaging equipment, motors, aviation services and many more.
- Agriteam Canada: Agriteam Canada provides management and technical expertise to developing and transitional countries on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives.
- Manitoba Hydro International: Manitoba Hydro International (MHI) assists power utilities, governments and private sector clients around the world in the efficient, effective, and sustainable delivery of electricity.
- Stantec: Stantec is an international professional services company in the design and consulting industry providing services on projects around the world. They operating out of over 400 locations in North America and 6 locations internationally.
- University of Saskatchewan: Supported by an innovative faculty, alumni community, and research structure unique in Canada, they offer over 200 academic and professional programs.
Canada is a shareholder of the following IFIs: the World Bank Group, Africa Development Bank, Asia Development Bank, Caribbean Development Bank, Inter-American Development Bank, and European Bank for Reconstruction and Development. Our membership to these institutions allows Canadian companies to bid on commercial opportunities offered by these banks. IFIs help to secure $150 billion in financial support annually to fund projects in developing countries thereby creating multiple contract opportunities for the private sector.
For more information and to register: https://eservices.alberta.ca/ifi-boot-camp.html
Shane M. Jaffer
Senior Director, Africa, Alberta International Development Office (AIDO) & IFI's
Alberta Economic Development & Trade, Government of Alberta
Suite 300, 639 - 5th Ave. SW
Calgary, Alberta T2P 0M9