Application Deadline: March 7, 2022
Job Title: Organizational Development Expert / National Advisory Board (NGO) for Impact Investing
Initiative name: “Creating a National Advisory Board in Peru – a Coalition for Impact Investment” under the Technical Assistance Partnership - Expert Deployment Mechanism (TAP-EDM)
Location: Canada (remote) with travel to Peru
Reporting to: Project Manager, TAP-EDM
Level of Effort: 60 days over 12 month period
Citizenship: Applicants must be Canadian citizens or have permanent resident status in Canada.
Remuneration: Fees are subject to negotiation and shall not exceed established market rates.
- We welcome applications from individuals and from governmental, non-governmental and private organizations.
- Cover letter is mandatory to be considered. Cover letters should detail how you fit the opportunity, your daily fee and current availability.
- TAP-EDM accepts electronic submissions only. Send your cover letter and CV firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please include following in the email subject line: [Organizational Development Expert: Your last name, your first name]
- Only successful candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Committed to inclusion and diversity: Alinea offers merit-based, equal employment opportunities to all candidates. Alinea is committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. Due to the nature of our work, all candidates will be subject to due diligence checks and extensive background checks where appropriate.
The Technical Assistance Partnership - Expert Deployment Mechanism (TAP-EDM) Project provides targeted, short-term (up to 12 months) technical assistance to National Government Entities (NGE) from eligible OECD-DAC countries. The Mechanism is expected to deploy over 250 Canadian experts via 120-150 technical assistance initiatives designed to resolve capacity gaps to bring about the desired changes of the recipient NGEs. Fully aligned with Canada’s Feminist International Assistance Strategy (FIAP), these initiatives will integrate gender equality, climate action/environmental sustainability, human rights and good governance as key objectives. Canadian experts will come from all walks of life, proudly representing world-class technical human resources but also the diversity and multi-culturalism that is Canada.
TAP-EDM is a four-year C$18,750,000-million-dollar project funded by Global Affairs Canada (GAC) and managed by Alinea International.
About the Initiative
Peru needs access to new and diverse forms of capital to finance its sustainable growth and development. Currently there is a lack of available capital in Peru and other parts of Latin America. Moreover, the capital that does exist is provided through conventional, lower risk channels (i.e. chartered banks).
To resolve this gap and build a more sustainable economy, Peru would like to establish a National Advisory Boards for Impact Investing. Successful NABs are member-based, registered associations with representation and leadership from all sectors including the public sector, corporations, investors, philanthropic and development organizations, civil society organizations, academia, businesses and entrepreneurs. NABs typically have a small management team or secretariat that supports a diverse elected or appointed board.
Reporting to TAP-EDM Project Manager and working alongside and in close collaboration with COFIDE and the Impact Investing Task Force; the expert will serve as an “honest but experienced broker” to support the development of the NAB in Peru. The following are the main responsibilities of the expert:
- Prepare a work plan for the initiative
- Conduct desk research on existing local and/or regional investment networks including NABs; consult local, regional and international investment stakeholders and others who will inform Peru’s impact investment ecosystem, in order to provide the most relevant recommendations and guidance.
- Design and facilitate workshops and focus group discussions to build consensus amongst NAB founding members and stakeholders on:
- A shared definition of impact investing in Peru.
- An initial design of the NAB as a national public-private collaboration forming a new coordinating body of various key stakeholders. This will include providing a range of choices with respect to a business model for the NAB including a governance, management and membership structures in accordance with different organizational options. This also includes finding an appropriate funding model to assist in ensuring NAB sustainability and a minimum operational budget.
- Following a participatory, inclusive and evidence-based approach and using GBA+ as a guide; lead/facilitate the creation of a three-year evidence-based strategic plan and priorities for the planned NAB, including a funding strategy.
- With participation from members of the NAB, facilitate the creation of a costed 1-year work plan for the first year of operations for the NAB.
- Co-design and provide content for contextualized, persuasive communication/educational material and case studies about impact investing in Peru with a particular emphasis on investment opportunities for women and marginalized populations.
- Lead and coordinate the collection of strategic input from a Steering Committee and others.
- Participate in Public Engagement and Outreach in Canada.
- Degree in organizational development, psychology or business/economics.
- Minimum of 10 years of organizational development experience, with preference for those with experience designing/building new member-based, public/private collaboration, government, pseudo governmental and/or non-governmental organizations. Familiar with a range of organizational design/development options for National Advisory Boards (NABs) for Impact Investing.
- Experienced facilitator with a knack for engaging and building consensus amongst diverse but highly motivated stakeholders with different perspectives and agendas. Preference is for those with experience in Latin America/Peru.
- Experience in leading the design and development of inclusive strategies and other organizational planning instruments.
- Proven success in fundraising and/or developing/implementing fundraising programs/strategies.
- Excellent communication and adaptation skills in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment; experience working effectively both online and in-person.
- Knowledge of the GBA+ methodology and its application to national or international development programs.
- Bilingual: Spanish/English