Application Deadline: July 25, 2022
Job Title: Experts IT System Architecture, Security and Data
Job type: Consultant
Initiative Name: “Strengthening Rwanda’s health data systems to support the fight against COVID and provide better equitable health services” under the Technical Assistance Partnership - Expert Deployment Mechanism (TAP-EDM)
Location of Position: Canada (remote) with travel to Rwanda
Reporting to: Project Manager, TAP-EDM
Remuneration: Fees are subject to negotiation and shall not exceed established market rates.
Indicative LOE/Time Frame: To be determined based on scope of work and expected remuneration. To be implemented from October 2022 to September 2023
Language Requirements: Proficient in English, French is an asset.
- We welcome applications from individuals and from governmental, non-governmental and private organizations.
- A cover letter is mandatory to be considered. Cover letters should detail how you fit the opportunity, your daily fee and current availability.
- Click the “Apply now” link to upload your cover letter and CV (Curriculum Vitae).
- Only successful candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
At Alinea International we value equity, diversity, and inclusivity in everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer opposed to all forms of discrimination. We actively seek and encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds recognizing that an inclusive workforce enriches our organization and achieves smarter, more innovative results.
Alinea is committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. Due to the nature of our work, all candidates will be subject to due diligence checks and extensive background checks where appropriate.
The Technical Assistance Partnership - Expert Deployment Mechanism (TAP-EDM) Project provides targeted, short-term (up to 12 months) technical assistance to National Government Entities (NGE) from eligible OECD-DAC countries. The Mechanism is expected to deploy over 250 Canadian experts via 120-150 technical assistance initiatives designed to resolve capacity gaps to bring about the desired changes of the recipient NGEs. Fully aligned with Canada’s Feminist International Assistance Strategy (FIAP), these initiatives will integrate gender equality, climate action/environmental sustainability, human rights, and good governance as key objectives. Canadian experts will come from all walks of life, proudly representing world-class technical human resources but also the diversity and multi-culturalism that is Canada.
TAP-EDM is a four-year C$18,750,000-million-dollar project funded by Global Affairs Canada (GAC) and managed by Alinea International.
About the work
This initiative stems from Rwanda’s National Strategy for Transformation (NSTF 1), a 7-year national development strategy (2017-2024) which focuses on economic and social transformation with a focus on private sector and transformational governance. Importantly, the NSTF supports Rwanda’s vision to become a fully developed country by 2050 through several different means, including becoming a knowledge-based economy, ensuring access to quality health care for all and strengthening capacity, service delivery and accountability of public institutions. The expertise requested by the Ministry of Health directly corresponds to these key priorities within the NSTF through building the IT knowledge capacity in the health system and thus deliver quality health services to all Rwandans.
In this this context, the expert or team of experts will offer services to the Ministry of Health of Rwanda in the following areas:
- IT System Architecture Assessment and Upgrade.
- IT System Security Assessment, Compliance, Response and Upgrade.
- Data Collection, Management and Analysis.
The expert or team of experts will also have to:
- Develop a detailed workplan, and prepare technical documents, training material, progress reports and a final TAI report.
- Promote the TAP-EDM project and share its experience with assigned Alinea International staff through public engagement activities, before, during and after the TA.
- University Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or any other relevant field.
- 10 years + of experience as a professional/consultant in IT system architecture and/or security and/or data management.
- Strong oral and writing communication abilities in English; French language skills would be an asset.
- Strong mentorship and coaching ability.
- Ability to operate effectively and respectfully in multicultural and multidisciplinary settings.
- Previous experience in Rwanda and/or in Africa would be an asset.