Administrative Assistant – Health Systems Global (HSG)
Level of Effort: 100%
Reporting to: Executive Director
Location: Remote but requires working hours in the EST time zone.
Health Systems Global (HSG) is a Society with a diverse global membership that connects the health systems research, policy and practice communities toward health system development, and contributes to the attainment of better health, equity and well-being.
HSG is governed by a Board of Directors from around the world and managed by the Secretariat hosted by the Canadian Association for Global Health (CAGH), that is based in Ottawa, Canada. The primary responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant are to support the Executive Director and Board of Directors in their governance and management functions and to manage the HSG membership system.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain documentation and filing systems
- Organize travel and logistics for Board and Secretariat as needed
- Manage calendars and schedule appointments, reservations, and meetings
- Coordinate with the CAGH staff as needed to ensure alignment of systems and efficient use of office resources
- Organize meetings for the Board of Directors and the various committees and working groups of the board
- Record minutes for all Secretariat, Board, and related meetings
- Prepare and disseminate meeting documentation
- Manage the planning and implementation of key annual events, including the Annual General Meeting and Board Elections
- Process membership applications and renewals using web-based software
- Maintain membership database and troubleshoot as needed
- Generate analytics and reports related to membership
- Respond to member questions and requests for information
- Send out member communications as needed.
- Completion of a one- or two-year college or other program for administrative assistants or secretaries
- 2-3 years of administrative, secretarial, or office experience working with an association or not-for-profit organization
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable with routinely shifting demands
- High degree of attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders from different countries
- Available to work outside of regular hours to accommodate different time zones
Application Deadline is 4pm ET, January 3, 2023.
Please submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should include your resume and cover letter explaining why the position interests you and how your skills and experience make you a suitable candidate.