The Manager, Information Technology has worldwide responsibility for ensuring that MEDA’s information systems, approaches and strategies are aligned with the strategic plan. By driving continuous improvement into new and existing IT solutions, the manager is responsible for maximizing ROI from MEDA’s digital assets.
The Manager, Information Technology will plan, design, and direct all operational activities of the ITS department as well as provide direction and support for IT solutions that enhance mission-critical business operations. The Manager, Information Technology will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. This individual’s principal goals are to develop solutions and methodologies that allow for the effective and smooth management of an infrastructure.
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Start Date: January/February 2022
- Location: Waterloo, ON (Hybrid work arrangement available)
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Strategy & Planning (20%)
- Collaborate across the senior management team to formulate and deploy long-term strategic plans for acquiring, enabling, and improving efficient and cost-effective information processing and communication technologies.
- Manage IDS department operational and strategic planning, including business requirements, project planning, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Guide business and ITS team members in making investment decisions that balance and prioritize current operational demands, disruptions, and opportunities with the longer-term strategic vision of the organization.
- Provide technology guidance, road maps, principles, standards, and best practices.
- Partner with and support other MEDA leaders with their goals and initiatives.
Operational Management (80%)
- Develop and execute best-in-class cybersecurity strategy to protect MEDA stakeholders.
- Where necessary, re-engineer infrastructure support to ensure it aligns with business processes, tactical planning, and strategic vision.
- Define and communicate project milestones, service level agreements, and resource allocation to executive team, senior management team, and end users.
- Develop budgets that comply with stated goals, guidelines, and objectives.
- Review performance of ITS systems to determine operating costs, productivity levels, and upgrade requirements.
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement of the ITS infrastructure and systems.
- Authorize and oversee the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, and support of all hardware and software based on department needs.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for ITS spending and initiatives.
- Direct research on potential technology solutions and implementations in support of new initiatives, opportunities, and procurement efforts.
- Own and manage development of ITS policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Oversee administration of ITS contracts and service agreements.
- Manage a team of ITS specialists, focusing on career path, growth opportunities, and work planning.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the MEDA’s leadership and staff.
International Travel: This position may entail travel to MEDA’s international programming offices.
Any other duties and/or requirements as assigned
Education: University degree, ideally a Masters, in Computer Sciences, Data Sciences, Systems Management or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: Proven track record of at least seven (7) years’ experience in IT management and deployment. Knowledge management expertise and application development an asset.
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s mission, vision, and values
- Understanding and appreciation of business principles, international development and MEDA’s approach of creating business solutions to poverty
- Private sector experience and/or demonstrated entrepreneurial drive to apply technology to support good business practices in new and innovative ways.
- Familiarity with bi- and multi- lateral government agencies, donors, non-governmental organizations, and other development agencies.
- Excellent skills in building relationships, networking, and interpersonal communication.
- Willingness to undertake international travel.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, January 2, 2023 by 4:00 pm EST
Please apply using this link
MEDA is an equal opportunity employer and accommodations are available during all phases of the recruitment process. We ask that any applicants requiring accommodation make their needs known in advance.