I am an International Coaching Federation (ICF) Certified Coach. I work with the international development / humanitarian professionals in career transition, including:
- Mid-career professionals who wish to transition into international development / humanitarian careers.
- International development/humanitarian professionals who are transitioning into new roles.
- International development/humanitarian professionals considering leaving the field and looking for new career paths (finding a job in the home country, starting a small business, etc.)
- Spouses/partners of international development/humanitarian professionals who are looking for flexible careers.
- International development/humanitarian professionals transitioning into retirement.
For the organizations, I can provide the following services:
- Career transition/development coaching for employees (employees transition into new roles, cross-cultural adaptation, departing employees, etc.)
- Non-financial retirement coaching as an employee benefit
- Expat accompanying spouse/partner career coaching
- Conflict management coaching
I have over 20 years of international experience in the private sector/UN (UNDP and WFP)/NGO and worked in 19 countries (including DRC, Chad, Mali, Sudan, South Sudan, Ethiopia, Ukraine, Mauritania, Indonesia, Solomon Islands, Philippines, and Thailand). In the International Development and Humanitarian setting, I worked in deep field locations, country offices, and headquarters. Having managed humanitarian projects in hardship duty stations, I understand the reality of humanitarian/international development work on the ground first-hand.
Many of my clients have been working internationally. Their career transitions may affect their families, so the coaching conversation often goes beyond their careers. Partnering with my clients, I take a holistic approach, focusing on their longer-term career/life satisfaction. I usually start by helping clients identify their vision, values, strengths, passion, interests, and preferences. Slowing down to understand these will actually speed up the transition and contribute to their long-term life satisfaction and happiness.
Making a mid-life and cross-cultural career transition can be challenging, but you do not have to go through this transition alone. I have personally been on the same path you are on and can assist you with your journey.
I work with international development/humanitarian aid professionals in different stages of their careers (students, entry-level, mid/late-career, and retirement). During the past months, I covered various topics to support their career transitions. Please visit our past newsletters here.
To learn more about my coaching service, please visit my website https://www.yukigotanda.net and book a free 30min discovery call.