Job Title: Roster of experts
Sector: Support to the Libyan Public Administration in various fields
Position Type: non-key expert (short and medium-term consultancies)
Duration/Level of Effort: part and full time
Position Location: Tunis and Libya
SUMMARY OF THE PROJECT
The project aims to strengthen capacities for rights-based governance in Libya, on the basis of requests from Libyan public institutions for support in institution-building, policy dialogue & implementation, strategy development, and peer exchange with similar institutions abroad and in the EU. It organises multi-stakeholder policy dialogues, peer-to-peer exchange visits/network, training actions. It also provides demand-driven research to support governance-related policy and strategy development, and public perception surveys around governance matters.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Should you be interested in being included in our pool of potential experts for this project, we kindly ask you to register your cv in our database by applying to the present opening.
We are looking for consultants with the following profiles:
- - Fluent in Arabic and English (both written and spoken)
- - Previous work experience (either in Junior or Senior Category) in any of the following fields: governance, statistics, surveys, decentralisation policy process, gender-related policies and legislation, Human Rights institutional support, environment policies, political economy, public procurement, public audit and support to audit bureau, coordination of international cooperation, institutional strengthening (including training and training needs analysis) in related field; research on issues related; etc….
- - Previous working experience in Libya compulsory
- - Previous working experience on an EU funded project desirable
- Master degree in a related field
- 4 years in one of the above mentioned field
- Previous working experience in Libya
Language Proficiency: Fluent in Arabic and English (both written and spoken) – compulsory
Candidates are encouraged to apply by as soon as possible by submitting their CVs highlighting the relevant experiences and a cover letter indicating their field of specialization in relation to the EU Mousanada project, on our Career Page.
For your application to be considered, please upload your documents as followed: Candidate Last Name, First Name, date, Title of the Position.
Cowater International is an equal opportunity employer, basing employment on merit and qualifications as they relate to professional experience and position expectations. Cowater does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender identity, disability, age, or any other basis protected by law.
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
With more than 35 years’ experience, Cowater International is a global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development and has managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our yearly award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2017. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Cowater International also has corporate offices in Montreal, Quebec; London, United Kingdom; Nairobi, Kenya; and Brussels, Belgium, in addition to project offices in a wide variety of other locations across Northern and Sub-Saharan Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, the Caribbean and Asia.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.