MEDA’s work is built on a foundation of Mennonite business roots and faith-based values, within the global context of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. We believe business solutions are effective interventions to address poverty. Through a market-systems approach and strategic partnerships, MEDA enables access to finance and provides business and technical expertise to build transformative agri-food market systems that create decent jobs, allowing traditionally excluded groups to become active participants in a sustainable economy. MEDA welcomes all who share our values and want to join us in our mission. To find out more about MEDA, please visit our website at www.meda.org.
The General Office Clerk will provide administrative support to the Waterloo Office while ensuring the welcoming and inclusive culture of MEDA is felt by all employees and guests who attend the office. The General Office Clerk will support the administrative activities in MEDA with excellence, professionalism and proficiency enabling maximum productivity and providing exceptional customer service.
- Job Status: Full Time Contract
- Start Date: January 2023
- Contract Duration: 3 - 6 Months
- Location: Waterloo, ON (hybrid work arrangement available)
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
Corporate Administration Support (80%)
- Front desk coverage and support on associated tasks, including but not limited to opening/closing the office, ensuring meeting and common spaces are tidy, kitchen duties, assisting staff with ad hoc requests, etc.
- Front desk support for communications – answer/transfer phone calls, forward email messages, collect and distribute incoming mail, process/send all outgoing mail
- Coordinate logistics for all office couriers, including international shipping
- Receiving visitors at the front desk by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately
- Expedite interoffice mail, conduct mailings/couriers and correspondence with other MEDA offices
- Support and manage office supply procurement as needed
- Assist with maintenance of office equipment as needed, including updating employee lists on printers, coordinating service calls, replacing ink cartridges, etc.
- Assist with printing, copying, scanning, and binding of documents
- Support Resource Development team in processing and submitting donations, receipting and mailings when needed
- Complete and submit reconciliations for postage and petty cash
- Monitoring and support security access cards
- Support meeting catering and tech support/troubleshooting
- Backup support to Office Manager and P&C Coordinator, tasks may include records management, facilities support and maintenance, etc.
- Procurement of corporate office supplies and equipment, per MEDA standard
- Expense reporting for P&C Credit Card and other expenses
Executive Administrative Support (20%)
Provide general administrative services, under the direction of Corporate Secretary & CEO Executive Support Manager, to the executive Leadership Team including:
- Provide expense reporting support to the executive leadership team
- Processing of invoices for the executive leadership team
- Assist with travel bookings and logistics
- Back-up support for minute-taking during executive meetings
Any other duties and/or requirements as assigned
Experience: Minimum two years’ experience providing office administrative support in a professional office environment.
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s mission, vision and values
- Understanding and appreciation of business principles, international development and MEDA’s approach of creating business solutions to poverty
- Strong organization, prioritization and project management skills
- Proven staff management and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service orientation and problem-solving ability
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Financial budgeting and reporting skills, including basic accounting
- Practical experience using and maintaining various office systems, such as SharePoint
- Expertise in Word and/or InDesign is an asset
- Attention to detail
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, December 5, 2022, by 4:00 pm EST
Please apply via this link
MEDA is an equal opportunity employer and accommodations are available during all phases of the recruitment process. We ask that any applicants requiring accommodations make their needs known in advance.