Re-posting - Vice President – Social Development Group
Date of Publication:
September 10, 2018
September 24, 2018
With more than 30 years of experience, CowaterSogema is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development. We have managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe for clients such as DFID, DFAT Australia, the World Bank and Global Affairs Canada. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, economic and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017 and 2018.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
CowaterSogema is currently recruiting for a Vice President to lead our Global Affairs Canada portfolio in one of the company’s four service divisions, the Social Development Group. The Group manages and implements large donor-funded projects in women empowerment, health, education and social service delivery. As part of SDG, employees have a unique opportunity to design and implement projects that engage public and private sector stakeholders around innovative solutions that improve social and economic well-being in the countries in which we operate.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President of the Social Development Group, the VP will be part of CowaterSogema’s senior management team and will have overall responsibility for leading this consulting practice area including management and detailed financial oversight of projects; quality assurance; business development (proposal development, client relations etc.); and management of sector specialists and team members. Our ideal candidate would be able to raise the leadership in the rest of the company, enhance the profile of all CowaterSogema practice lines and possess an entrepreneurial and visionary outlook. Candidates should be senior government or private sector consulting executives.
- Master’s degree in development studies, economic development, social sciences or a relevant field.
- 15 years of work experience and credibility into international consulting especially with Global Affairs Canada.
- Must be fluently bilingual in English and French with excellent communication skills (reading, writing, oral);
- Demonstrated technical expertise in the areas of gender equality/women’s empowerment, gender-based violence, disability inclusion, institutional capacity development, social service delivery, and/or public-sector reform;
- Strong organizational and management skills;
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills; and,
- Capacity to think and work politically, building strategic relationships and identify creative ways to address challenges and issues and respond to opportunities.
- The position requires international travel.
Specific areas of focus of this consulting practice area include:
- Increasing local government capacity to deliver social services;
- Civil society collaboration/citizen engagement with decentralized local government for improved accountability;
- Gender equality and mainstreaming;
- Health systems strengthening;
- Women Economic Empowerment; and,
HOW TO APPLY:
All applications for the position of Vice President – Social Development Group are to be submitted through our Career Portal on our website: https://cowatersogema.acquiretm.com/job_details_clean.aspx?ID=1542&iframe=1
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with CowaterSogema.