Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Reports to: Director, Resource Development, and Director, Communications and Marketing
Position Type: Temporary, full-time, maternity leave replacement (up to 12 months)
Bargaining Unit Status: Included
Classification: Band 3
Language Requirements: Bilingualism (English & French) is essential
Salary range: CA$56,526 - CA$68,871 per annum
ABOUT CUSO INTERNATIONAL
Cuso International is an international cooperation and development organization that works to create economic and social opportunities for marginalized groups. Together with our partners, we are focused on efforts to advance gender equality and social inclusion, improve economic resilience, and deliver progress on climate action. We believe that by sharing skills, we can build better futures. Founded in 1961, Cuso International works in Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, and Canada. Find out more at www.cusointernational.org
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to both the Director of Resource Development and the Director of Communications and Marketing, the External Relations Coordinator provides prompt, professional and accurate customer and administrative support for the Resource Development and Communications and Marketing teams.
Donor relations and stakeholder engagement
- Provides a professional and timely response for all Cuso International inquiries by phone, email and mail and directs questions to the appropriate team or person. Ensures appropriate action and follow up is administrated in a timely fashion and recorded in Raiser`s Edge when required.
- Provides accurate and timely information to donors, alumni, stakeholders and members of the general public who are interested in supporting the work of Cuso International in various ways.
- Prepares and issues a broad range of routine and customized correspondence i.e.: thank you letters, letters of solicitation, letters of inquiry, confirmation letters, certificates of appreciation, etc.
- Supports the planning, coordination, logistics and implementation of Resource Development and Communications department initiatives, campaigns, projects, events and activities.
- Responsible for reviewing French content to ensure consistency with English translation.
- Updates and maintains the constituent database for all Resource Development and Communications’ activities, ensuring data integrity at every stage.
- Coordinates and provides support to the major gift and legacy giving functions within the Resource Development department.
- Prepares and analyzes regular and ad hoc reports from the database and reports information to peers and supervisors as required and necessary.
- Verifies and prepares finance requisition forms for authorized departmental expenditures.
- Provides logistical support for stakeholder teleconferences, meetings or workshops, as required.
- Maintains a departmental calendar of key dates and deadlines.
- Monitors and actions various external email accounts and subscriptions.
- Coordinates all mailings and mail-merges for Resource Development and Communications & Marketing initiatives.
- Maintains secure and confidential electronic and hard copy filing system for Resource Development and Communications departments.
- Fulfill any other relevant responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time by the Director of Resource Development and the Director Communications and Marketing.
- Provides cover for colleagues, as required.
- A relevant University degree or diploma in a related discipline
- Three to five years of relevant experience.
- Three to five years’ administrative experience in an office setting preferably in fundraising.
- Three to five years of experience with Raiser’s Edge database system, including the ability to pull reports and queries; experience with events module; make global record changes.
Key skills and abilities
- Demonstrated capabilities and the ability to successfully juggle multi-functional or diverse duties.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in both English and French.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen, persuade and develop positive relationships with constituents.
- Excellent time management, planning and organization skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong sense of initiative and an outgoing, positive attitude towards people and work.
- Strong computer skills; Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Executing complex mail merges
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism, sound judgement and discretion in dealing with confidential information and key constituents of Cuso International.
- Ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders within and outside Cuso International.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of self-motivation and a positive work ethic.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
HOW TO APPLY
Cuso International is committed to creating and fostering an inclusive culture. We strive to actively celebrate diversity, advance our equitable practices, and drive greater inclusion. We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package and insurance, generous days of paid time off, including vacation and sick days, and more.
Cuso International is committed to the integrity of our volunteers, interns, staff, managers, board members and subcontractors in preventing sexual violence in the way we operate. This is done through a defined framework, code of conduct, values and guiding principles, as well as Cooperation Canada’s Leaders’ Pledge.
Please visit our careers page at cusointernational.org/about/careers/ for full details and to submit your application.
Cuso International is an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations will be provided at any stages of the hiring process upon request. Thank you for your interest in Cuso International.