Scope of Work
The MEL Specialist will work closely with project teams across Cowater’s hubs, as well as other corporate functions to ensure the identification, collection, analysis and packaging of programmatic and corporate learning, practices and implementation experiences. The MEL Specialist’s role will aim to effectively position Cowater’s work and results with key donors, enable the company’s recognition in diverse country contexts and across priority sectors and enhance Cowater’s ability to generate new business, build partnerships and enable growth.
The MEL Specialist will undertake the following duties and responsibilities.
- Provide advisory support to select projects to implement MEL systems, in particular during inception periods;
- Develop and promote knowledge management guidelines at the project and corporate level;
- Develop corporate-level reporting processes to capture key results, success stories and learning opportunities;
- Coordinate the Knowledge Management Working Group and support focal points in each team to strengthen MEL systems;
- Engage project teams in the identification of successes and learning opportunities across the Cowater portfolio and support the development and dissemination of these materials to internal and external audiences to enhance Cowater’s position as a market leader in international development;
- Support the promotion of knowledge products across Cowater’s corporate and project communications channels, including production of blogs, case studies, feature and results stories, program briefs and other materials to promote project-generated results, knowledge and lessons;
- Maintain an excellent level of communication with stakeholders, project partners and staff;
- As requested, provide assistance during key project milestones in matters such as planning, execution and monitoring of knowledge management activities and impact;
- Other duties as required
Required Experience, Competencies and Skills
- Master’s degree in public policy, international development, political science, international relations, communications or related disciplines
Experience and Language Skills
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in the design of and integration of MEL and knowledge management processes, systems and products in an international development setting
- At least 10 years of experience in international development
- Solid understanding of international development issues and trends
- Experience developing knowledge management processes to support organizational processes
- Fluency in English is a must. Bilingualism highly preferred (French in particular, as well as Spanish and Arabic).
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical standards.
- Mature judgment and initiative.
- Ability to think out-of-the-box.
- Ability to present complex issues in simple and clear manner.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver high quality results on time.
- Initiative and independence.
- Ability to engage teams across corporate functions to identify, co-create and implement knowledge management activities.
- Monitoring and evaluation capacity, preferably in the field of international development.
- Good communication and organizational skills, with demonstrated evidence of capacity to produce and present good reports.
- Analytic capacity and demonstrated ability to process, analyze and synthesize complex, technical information from different development sectors.
- Ability to innovate, combining methodological approaches and data from various levels and disciplines including economics, political economy and development.
- Proven ability to support the development of high-quality knowledge and training materials, as well as audio-visual communications product.
- Ability to draft briefs, reports and a wide range of knowledge products for multiple uses, including ability to analyze complex information and to draw out the key points and issues and to present these in a way that can be easily understood and can provide internal and external learning value.
- Strong knowledge / experience in results-based management and results-oriented approach to project implementation.
- Strong inter-personal skills, communication, networking and team-building skills; competent in leading teams and creating team spirit, management of inter-group dynamics and conflicting interests of various actors, motivating team members to produce quality outputs in a timely and transparent fashion.
To apply, please visit: Cowater International Career Opportunities - Cowater International