Location: Ottawa, Ontario (currently remote)
Reports to: Senior Manager, Program Quality & Impact
Status: Permanent, full-time
Salary range: CA$78,000 – CA$90,000 per annum
Language requirements: English & French or English/Spanish essential
ABOUT CUSO INTERNATIONAL
Cuso International is an international cooperation and development organization that works to create economic and social opportunities for marginalized groups. Together with our partners, we are focused on efforts to advance gender equality and social inclusion, improve economic resilience, and deliver progress on climate action. We believe that by sharing skills, we can build better futures.
Cuso presently supports programs implemented in Africa, Canada, Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC). Find out more at www.cusointernational.org.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Program Knowledge Manager leads the development and refinement of a knowledge framework that captures, catalogues and disseminates the knowledge, experience and impact of Cuso International’s programming and identifies opportunities to mobilize this information. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Program Quality and Impact, this role works collaboratively with internal stakeholders and builds relationships with external stakeholders to share results of our programs and to increase interest and engagement in Cuso’s work.
- Develop a strategy and framework to identify, capture and share knowledge and information of Cuso’s programming to generate understanding and engagement with internal and external stakeholders
- Identify and engage with platforms, networks and alliances that are aligned with Cuso’s strategic objectives in order to extend Cuso’s contributions to advancing global development goals in these areas
- Establish methods to retain and make accessible the intellectual knowledge of volunteers and partners to enhance the quality of placement outcomes and allow for broader impact
- Provide technical guidance and expertise to Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) teams to facilitate evidence-based communication and decision making
- Oversee the planning, delivery and monitoring of programmatic learning activities for volunteers and staff, e.g. Skills and Knowledge for Working in Development (SKWID), RBM, etc.
- Create knowledge products for internal reference as templates of best practice
- Establish knowledge-sharing systems to increase organizational efficiency
- Develop a repository for management toolkits and organization’s intranet for effective collaboration across countries of operation
- Lead the learning component in both programmatic and organizational areas across Cuso International
- Collaborate with the Country Program Offices, International Programs, Resource Development, Human Resources and Communications and Marketing teams to determine and deliver tailored knowledge needs
- Identify and curate stories and narratives that demonstrate thought leadership and impact to a range of audiences
- Establish a culture of practice where all individuals reflect on how the deliverables of their roles could meet organizational learning needs and what training programs could be designed to share learning
- Advance the development of Cuso’s knowledge management, organizational learning, MEAL framework
- Steward the strengthening of internal systems for storage, management and dissemination of knowledge
- Leading the Program Knowledge Team
- Perform other duties as required
- Relevant educational background, preferably Master’s level in a related field
- 7 years’ experience in international development, with a minimum of three years of experience managing others
- Good understanding of program development and experience working in a thought leadership environment focussed on gender equality and social inclusion, the empowerment of women and girls, economic opportunities for youth and the global Sustainable Development Goals
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and applying effective practices in knowledge translation (e.g. communications, education, training, stakeholder engagement) and evaluating the uptake, use and impact of this knowledge
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate complex concepts into clear, understandable ideas
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French, with the capacity to synthesize information and provide written materials that meet the needs of different audiences
- MEAL knowledge and demonstrated experience of overseeing development and application of MEAL products
- Training and facilitation experience (in person and remote), including design and delivery of trainings
- Familiarity with information and knowledge sharing platforms, e.g. SHAREPOINT
- Demonstrated experience with using data analytics tools to support decision making, reporting and storytelling
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire teams, including mentoring team members for professional growth
- Committed team player who can work across diverse teams and circumstances, navigate different cultural contexts, and build effective working relationships
- Strong command in the use of Microsoft Office tools
- Able to work productively and professionally in a hybrid remote in-office work arrangement within an already established and safe home office
- Availability to travel internationally if required
- Knowledge of Cuso International’s approach to international development
- Experience working as a volunteer; with volunteers and/or in a volunteer-sending organization
- Fluency in Spanish
HOW TO APPLY
Cuso International is committed to creating and fostering an inclusive culture. We strive to actively celebrate diversity, advance our equitable practices, and drive greater inclusion. We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package and insurance, generous days of paid time off, including vacation and sick days, and more.
Cuso International is committed to the integrity of our volunteers, interns, staff, managers, board members and subcontractors in preventing sexual violence in the way we operate. This is done through a defined framework, code of conduct, values and guiding principles, as well as Cooperation Canada’s Leaders’ Pledge.
Please visit our careers page at cusointernational.org/about/careers/ for full details and to submit your application.
Cuso International is an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations will be provided at any stages of the hiring process upon request. Thank you for your interest in Cuso International.