Sr. Director, Global Programs
Date de publication:
March 15, 2018
Date limite pour appliquer:
April 6, 2018
Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA)
Sr. Director, Global Programs
Programs – Waterloo, Ontario
Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) is recruiting for a Sr. Director, Global Programs to join our team. MEDA is an association of compassionate men and women who invest in people living in poverty around the world so they can unleash their potential to earn a livelihood to provide for their families and enrich their communities. To find out more about MEDA, please visit our website at www.meda.org.
The Sr. Director, Global Programs provides direction and management to achieve the overall success for the region’s mandate and goals. Regular travel to these regions is required. MEDA provides management, technical, and consulting services to MEDA projects and to other organizations, helping as many of the poor as possible to use their abilities to earn a sustainable livelihood.
- Job Status: Full-time, permanent
- Start Date: July 1, 2018
- Location(s): MEDA Headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario is preferred
- Prepare strategic and annual plans and budgets for the “Geographic Region”, and ensure that annual program targets and budgets are achieved, or appropriate modifications are approved
- Ensure region’s monthly input to financial reports is accurate and timely
- Ensure an environment which allows for effective management and delivery of contracts and consulting assignments, including visiting programs, managing short term consultants and providing direct consulting
- Approve program descriptions, annual work plans, annual budgets, M&E/gender/environment plans, and ensure execution of contract deliverables according to the plans
- Oversee submission of financial and narrative donor reports that are accurate and timely.
- Review field-level policies in accordance with MEDA’s policy requirements
- Ensure the effective implementation of agreements, budgets, grants and MOUs for local partners and ensure effective relationships are maintained
- Negotiate subcontract agreements and annual work plans with subcontractors ensuring compliance with MEDA policies and signing authorities, and ensure effective implementation of subcontract agreements and relationships
- Contribute to cultivating and maintaining effective relationships with donors
- Undertake marketing and business development with new and existing donors, clients, foundations, etc. within approved marketing plan
- Review and evaluate new proposal opportunities and prepare or contribute to proposals as required.
- Contribute to technical leadership through various activities including: teaching engagements, consulting assignments, publications, industry contributions, and developing staff expertise
- Explore new and innovative products and development of tools
- Ensure consulting services are delivered effectively and follow the minimum procedures and standards as defined by the Quality Control Manual
Education: University degree, ideally a Masters, in Business Administration, International Economic Development or related field
Experience: Proven track record of at least ten (10) years professional management experience in project development and implementation, staff management, program planning and budgeting, and delivering consulting services. Ideally five (5) years overseas management experience
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s faith statement, values and goals
- Willingness to undertake extensive international travel
- Understanding and appreciation of business principles, international development and MEDA’s approach of creating business solutions to poverty
- Strong experience working with bi- and multi- lateral government agencies, donors, non-governmental organizations and other development agencies
- Excellent skills in building relationships, networking and presentation, negotiation and interpersonal communication
- Proficiency in a foreign language is an asset
* APPLICATION DEADLINE: APRIL 6, 2018
MEDA is an equal opportunity employer and accommodations are available during all phases of the recruitment process. We ask that any applicants requiring accommodation make their needs known in advance.
Lieu de travail:
MEDA Headquarters Waterloo , ON