As a global leader in international development consulting, Cowater strives to be the employer of choice in our industry – attracting, developing, and retaining the best and brightest. With Canadian offices in Ottawa and Montreal, and other corporate hubs globally, Cowater is seeking a seasoned project delivery professional with deep experience with Global Affairs Canada project implementation and oversight.
Role Description: As a dynamic leader and Head of Global Affairs Canada Program Delivery, you will guide, lead and manage a group of talented project management and technical experts who are responsible for delivering a wide range of complex development projects funded by Global Affairs Canada. As the senior lead of the portfolio, you will be involved in the full cycle of project management from project conceptualization through to implementation and closure. Key responsibilities include:
Project delivery leadership:
· Deep involvement and oversight of project creation/conceptualization, development and execution of scope, schedule and budget, from inception stages through to closure.
· Oversee a team of Project Directors and Managers responsible for planning and managing project activities in accordance with the contracted statement of services and in support of desired project results and supervise their implementation.
· General supervision, coaching, and quality control of all GAC projects (the portfolio), including general trouble-shooting and problem-solving assistance; advice and guidance on project HR issues; monitor project schedules, reporting, and contract management; monitor project cash and income flows; ensure that corporate standards and policies are followed; ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget; etc.
· Strategic direction on project delivery through direct engagement with project teams, clients, and beneficiaries.
· Key leader responsible for meeting the financial, growth, work quality, and other objectives of the portfolio. Oversee the preparation of annual business plans, targets, and objectives (both financial and non-financial) for the portfolio.
· Participate in development activities to maintain and grow the GAC portfolio in line with annual business plan and targets.
· Manage and monitor performance against plans, targets, and objectives. Develop and maintain a network of contacts in the international development field, including counterparts in other organizations, associates, key government, clients, other local representatives, etc.
· HR management, within corporate framework and guidelines, for staff working on the GAC portfolio. Corporate representation at conferences, workshops, meetings, events, with clients, etc.
· Member of Cowater Leadership team.
· Relevant educational background, ideally a master’s degree in field associated with international development.
· 12+ years’ of progressive leadership experience in a similar role.
· Bilingualism an asset.
· Dynamic experience building, leading, and managing large, high-performing teams globally.
· Strong program conceptualization and leadership skills, including proven success in designing and securing funding for large programs – budgets ranging from CAD 5-40M.
· Demonstrated understanding and management experience with Global Affairs Canada and other clients active in the development sector.
· Experience managing budgets, tracking financial performance, and providing financial oversight for donor-funded projects.
· Experience with results-based management.
· Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities.
· Strong oral and written communication skills;
The Benefits of Working with Cowater:
· Hybrid workplace;
· A culture of work/life balance;
· Competitive compensation;
· A comprehensive benefits package including extended medical benefits, Long-term disability insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, and an employee assistance program;
· Relaxed dress code; and
· Company wide teambuilding activities & social events.
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and no later than December 22, 2023. We thank all applicants however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All applications and inquiries are to be submitted through Cowater International Career Opportunities - Cowater International